H3-3D and Phantom V2 Footage

Hi, I loved your video.

I am new to all of this and I have been shopping and trying to figure it all out for over 3 weeks. I have read so many negative posts on this forum about the issues that I had almost given up on making any purchase.... then I saw your video this morning and I fell in love all over again.

I live on the Olympic Peninsula in the state of Washington and we travel to the Oregon coast quite frequently. Actually, we travel all over our beautiful country and there are so many stories left untold. Well, your video helped to put me back in the game, for now.

Thank you.....

Gator113 said:
Hi, I loved your video.

I am new to all of this and I have been shopping and trying to figure it all out for over 3 weeks. I have read so many negative posts on this forum about the issues that I had almost given up on making any purchase.... then I saw your video this morning and I fell in love all over again.

I live on the Olympic Peninsula in the state of Washington and we travel to the Oregon coast quite frequently. Actually, we travel all over our beautiful country and there are so many stories left untold. Well, your video helped to put me back in the game, for now.

Thank you.....

Glad you enjoyed the video! :)

I know some people have had bad luck with their P2 H3-3D combos, but I definitely haven't. I fly 3-5 days a week and have gotten some amazing footage, more than I've had time to edit!

laselvasurf said:
wkf94025 said:
Laselvasurf,

Looks great. Questions:
1) is your H3-3D on the new P2 or old P2?
2) are the legs carrying the new gimbal old P2 stock, new P2 stock (no idea if those differ) or aftermarket?
3) how is the clearance below H3-3D and camera?
4) does there appear to be any programmability to the new gimbal (e.g.: roll lock or modification of yaw strategies)?
5) do you every shoot Steamers Lane? If you don't mind a little salt water spray on your lens, you could get some epic footage there!

Kelly
Thanks!
Some Answers...

1. It's on a new P2, purchased with the H3-3D.
2. The legs are stock, it appears as though they are the same as the original P2 legs, but without an original P2, I can't be sure.
3. The clearance is close to the same on the P2 as a H3-2D on a P1. If anything there is a little more more clearance with the new gimbal.
4. Yes, there is. However I have not played with those settings at all, so I can' comment specifically. I may have some time tomorrow to dig a little deeper.
5. Yes :D I fly there all the time. Actually, when you posted this, I was there flying this morning. Got some pretty sweet footage. Here is a quick edit from this morning's shoot.

http://youtu.be/vfV4ykwBaqA
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfV4ykwBaqA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I loved your video!!

My first Phantom is the Sunrise Edition from DSLRPros. Its being built and should ship in about 2 more weeks.

QUESTIONS: Did you use an ND filter...what kind and grade? 2+. 3+ ???

If you used a filter, did you have any balance issues for the new 3-Axis Zenmuse H3-3D that you had to deal with??

What program did you use in post processing?

Thank you for your efforts.

Cheers,

Dan

Hello ,I Am experiencing non-level horizon on H3-3D , do you resolve these?, thanks regards Julian

wkf94025 said:
I switched from the white connector balls to the black connector balls and that seemed to reduce the substantial jello effect I saw on my first flight this morning. I also ditched the plastic pins in favor of zip ties on the front two corners.

I am having horizon tilt issues. Videos tilted right enough degrees to be noticeable. I tried a full IMU recalibration, but still getting tilt. Rotating P2 360 degrees in one direction gives different amounts of tilt than rotating the other direction. Anyone else experiencing non-level horizon on H3-3D? I experienced it periodically on the H3-2D, but it either went away on its own, or IMU recalibration solved it. Anyone know how exactly the gimbal determines what's level? Is it dependent on the main flight computer, or is it doing its own assessment of the world?

Kelly

have same issue
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Aj6nFS01hkw[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/Aj6nFS01hkw
camera always goes left in every case) but if you fly backwards it goes right!
what it means? it means that DJI used very weak 3rd axis motor and it get overloaded with simple airflow.

try this mod(cant attach picture here), just put some cardboard with tape to your gopro camera to even the air resistance, you can play with cardboard size, or build shell around camera to decrease airflow.

Hope it will help in your case

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4