H3-3D and Phantom V2 Footage

Reaction score
Here is my second ever flight on my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D(I have owned Phantoms for over a year and quads for almost 3 years though). The P2 is extremely stable and the Zenmuse H3-3D is seriously amazing. I have a Zenmuse H3-2D and the stability of having that 3rd axis makes ALL the difference. All these shots are completely un-stabilized RAW, straight out of the camera(other than a little color correction since I shot in ProTune). There was also roughly 15MPH wind, which with my H3-2D would completely ruin any shot I was going for.

Here is the video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iReZ1t14TQM[/youtube]

If you're curious about my FPV setup here is a link to some pictures: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28022839&postcount=342

This is awesome! No more needing to film at a Wide FOV, or slow down the frame rate in process, or fly backwards for a smooth shot!!!! woot woot. Good job mate! Keep up the great videos.

Laselvasurf,

Looks great. Questions:
1) is your H3-3D on the new P2 or old P2?
2) are the legs carrying the new gimbal old P2 stock, new P2 stock (no idea if those differ) or aftermarket?
3) how is the clearance below H3-3D and camera?
4) does there appear to be any programmability to the new gimbal (e.g.: roll lock or modification of yaw strategies)?
5) do you every shoot Steamers Lane? If you don't mind a little salt water spray on your lens, you could get some epic footage there!

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Laselvasurf,

Looks great. Questions:
2) are the legs carrying the new gimbal old P2 stock, new P2 stock (no idea if those differ) or aftermarket?
4) does there appear to be any programmability to the new gimbal (e.g.: roll lock or modification of yaw strategies)?
5) do you every shoot Steamers Lane? If you don't mind a little salt water spray on your lens, you could get some epic footage there!

Kelly

Very nice but I also want to know what he just asked please :D

wkf94025 said:
Laselvasurf,

Looks great. Questions:

Kelly
Thanks!
Some Answers...

1. It's on a new P2, purchased with the H3-3D.
2. The legs are stock, it appears as though they are the same as the original P2 legs, but without an original P2, I can't be sure.
3. The clearance is close to the same on the P2 as a H3-2D on a P1. If anything there is a little more more clearance with the new gimbal.
4. Yes, there is. However I have not played with those settings at all, so I can' comment specifically. I may have some time tomorrow to dig a little deeper.
5. Yes :D I fly there all the time. Actually, when you posted this, I was there flying this morning. Got some pretty sweet footage. Here is a quick edit from this morning's shoot.

http://youtu.be/vfV4ykwBaqA
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfV4ykwBaqA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Are you shooting in medium FOV? I've tried wide and am having issues with leg interference when rotating clockwise. Have you shot in wide?

thx

ashleyg said:
Are you shooting in medium FOV? I've tried wide and am having issues with leg interference when rotating clockwise. Have you shot in wide?

thx

Yes, shooting in medium 2.7L 30fps.

laselvasurf said:
wkf94025 said:
Laselvasurf,

Looks great. Questions:

Kelly
Thanks!
Some Answers...

2. The legs are stock, it appears as though they are the same as the original P2 legs, but without an original P2, I can't be sure.
3. The clearance is close to the same on the P2 as a H3-2D on a P1. If anything there is a little more more clearance with the new gimbal.
4. Yes, there is. However I have not played with those settings at all, so I can' comment specifically. I may have some time tomorrow to dig a little deeper.
5. Yes :D I fly there all the time. Actually, when you posted this, I was there flying this morning. Got some pretty sweet footage. Here is a quick edit from this morning's shoot.

Nice work on flying and editing your Lighthouse / Steamers clip. Liked the tunnel fly-thru, the speed play, and the down-the-line-at-sunrise shot. Very photogenic part of the world. Thanks also for answers re leg height and belly clearance.

Kelly

laselvasurf said:

Great questions and thanks for the answers! Excellent job on the Steamers Lane footage! Just ordered mine earlier today, can't wait to use it!

FASTFJR said:
What setting were you shooting? Wide, Ultra, etc...?

Thanks

I was using 2.7K Medium 30FPS. I hate the distorted horizon look of the wide angle settings on the gopro, so I also shoot medium or narrow.

gogowanda said:
My question is...whose music is that?

The song is called Sail, by Awolnation. It's been used for quite a few redbull promo videos over the years, so many have heard it.

I'm copy and pasting my post from another thread, but thought you might be able to answer better since you have flown with it.

"No,the OP is talking about the securing pins. They're in the way. Mine too. OP did you figure this out? I don't want to screw it all in until I know what to do. Maybe only put the pins through on the front? I know it shows only putting 2 in diagonal on the diagram, but I'm thinking about maybe just putting two in the front and ziptie-ing the back. Or 1 in and 1 zip tie on back. Any ideas?"

The securing pins are blocking proper gimble yaw turning (left to right).

Awesome videos, enjoyed both. You are very talented!

just 1 question, are you able to adjust the tilt to move slower than the default setting? does the gimbal tilt gain settings in the software work for the h3?

Laselvasurf,

Love to hear your answers to two questions below: 1) what are the installation details/experiences w.r.t. the securing pins? 2) does tilt gain work on the H3-3D?

Kelly

Bag the pins, if they are getting in the way you have them installed wrong. Your suppose to use two of them. Myself and many others don't even use them. Use a small zip tie, dental floss etc… to attached the bottom to the top. Leave it loose enough so it won't bind

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 518

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20