H3-2D angle problem

Holy crap this fixed it for me too! A couple of notes for others who might be having the same issue:

The TX needs to be plugged in via micro USB cable to your computer. Translating the non-English instructions linked above really helps. :)

Thanks for posting this info. Here's the Norwegian text GoogleTranslated into English (with link to software added):

**************Start Translation

Enabling X1 ( gimbal tilt) on DJI Phantom v1.1
Posted by : knutJ

Out of the box has DJI Phantom v1.1 x1 channel not activated.
(look behind the radio , under the model or on the box for the version number )
X1 is the channel that allows you to control the tilt of the gimbal / camera via the upper potentiometer behind the radio.

To activate the channel , follow this recipe ( important Naza -M Assistant Software and drivers are already installed) :

1. Download DJI Phantom RC Assistant here.

http://www.elefun.no/Uploads/docs/dji/P ... taller.zip

2. Start the program and login with the same email / username as the Naza -M Assistant

3. Open your radio (4 screws on the back) and connect a micro - usb cable as shown here.

4. Turn on the radio and you must have contact ( green light ).

5. Select the tab "info" and press the " Device Info " on the blue " Latest 2.4G ver. xxxxx "
Version The numbers shown in the pictures below is already updated radio - so the numbers will be slightly different on your radio.

6. Complete the upgrade and disconnect everything from .

7. Run Naza -M Assistant Software and calibrate both sticks and x1/x2 normally.

**************End Translation

Steve

blunde said:
http://blogg.elefun.no/?p=4499

Use Google translate If you don't understand Norwegian :)

I did the above as posted by deluge2 and got good and bad… it fixed the gimbal actuator lever on the TX, but the green light on the TX that came on when it was linked via to the PC via the micro-usb cable during the TX firmware update… never changed back to red. So now when you power up the transmitter the light is still green (no blinks, just solid), which I wouldn't mind, except that the transmitter won't power up the props on the phantom 1. The TX is bound to the phantom, and I ran the Naza Assistant and everything, including the sticks, are calibrated and all switches work as they should. The Phantom powers up and goes through all the normal light sequences, but when it's time to fly the transmitter can't start the blades spinning.

Anybody have an idea on how I can get the solid green light on the transmitter back to it's happy red self so that we can go flying again?

Transmitter is a DJ6 with a V1.1.1 RX in the Phantom. I just upgraded to this from an SR6 with an OEM RX. I got the new transmitter to bind with the new V1.1.1 RX and everything worked great except the gimbal actuator lever. I flew the quad and it was great except the gimbal was frozen in the up position… which led to me trying this fix of upgrading the firmware in the transmitter via the micro-usb cable linked to the PC.

Here is a possible issue: During the firmware update the following message came up… what bugs me is that it says Phantom 2's must follow the procedure (I have a Phantom 1), and the procedure is to update the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8.. well when I launched the Naza Assistant on the Phantom 1 it showed that my Phantom 1 was at V1.4 and that there were no upgrades. So I can't upgrade to V1.8. But you know, I just can't believe that a Gimbal IMU firmware would be making the Transmitter light be Green all the time. There is something else going on. I re-ran the upgrade to the TX a couple of times and tried disconnecting the TX from the PC before re-powering it up after the upgrade… to no avail. It's like the TX doesn't realize that it is now disconnected from the DJI Phantom RC Assistant software… it was that software that caused the light to go green in the first place, indicating that the TX was indeed connected to the PC and to the RC Assistant software.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 11.33.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 11.33.15 PM.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 900
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 11.33.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 11.33.33 PM.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 985
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 11.33.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 11.33.44 PM.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 903
I fixed it and thought I'd pass it along in case others have a similar problem. To get rid of the green light on the TX, I calibrated the TX as per these instructions (A5):

Which were located here:
‎download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom/en/PHANTOM_Advanced_Manual_en.pdf

That got my Red light back on the transmitter, but then the gimbal quit working, so I launched the Naza Assistant and had no control of the X1 parameter (gimbal tilt) on the sticks calibration page. So I launched the DJI Phantom RC Assistant software that created my green light debacle in the first place, but this time I didn't have to upgrade the firmware in the transmitter, so I went right to the 'Main' page and calibrated the sticks. This gave me control of the X1 once again, and the red light on the Transmitter didn't switch back to green (cool!). I disconnected from that software and found that I could now control the tilt on the camera and I had a red light on the transmitter. I launched the Naza Assistant and verified that all settings and switches were correct.

Now I have full control once again, including the gimbal tilt!

Hope others have the same good fortune.
Greg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 12.10.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 12.10.42 AM.png
    116 KB · Views: 858
All of the info in this thread has helped. I was having the same problem of the X1 not responding in the Naza Assistant. Followed all of the direction you all have provided and now I am, again, having trouble. The X1 responds, but it will not go through the full range of motion. It'll budge a little bit, but it will immediately go back to the starting position it was in. Maybe there's a problem with the controller? Or the pots? Not sure what to do. I will try taking apart the shell again...any help?

anyone tried to replace the H3-2D with a H3-3D on the phantom 1 with the upgraded board? The gimbal works but the lever only works in incremental mode. It should be at 0 position in order for the gimbal to stay fixed. If it is a little bit miscentered (+/- 5 on X1 channel in the NAZA assistant) it slowly goes in that direction until it reaches the end position (top or bottom depending if it is + or -)

Same problem here. The assistant is acting like it doesn't read the X1 channel. I think it has something to do with the D-Bus RC type not using ppm (ie zenmuse is comparable with ppm but not the new D-Bus we have to use now?). With the new software I can only run in D-Bus. In the zenmuse assistant i have firmware 1.6 installed, IMU installed at version 1.4 and 1.0 on the CMU. Oh and 1.2 on the software version. So I'm using the PMU v2.

The cursor in zenmuse assistant and naza assistant doesn't move or respond when I adjust the potentiometer. I've tried calibrating x1 in naza per instructions from magicman in this thread. No luck.

Receiver port is in X1. Every switch on the Tx works and reads out in the naza m v2 software assistant except for x1.

When booting up the GPro will start at 90 deg then adjust and slowly go to 1000 or looking straight down.

This is the fourth day of messin with it. It works great and stays level just no tilt, which I can't live without. I really really would appreciate any help I can get. I've had it for two weeks and have been obsessed. And this problem is driving me nuts.

Hi I know its a long time ago, but I have the very same problem and can't find a solution....Did you every find a fix?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4