P4Pro gimbal issues after small crash

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was practicing flying my P4Pro today, when after takeoff it started drifting on its own at a slow speed and crashed into a tall metal fence, broke a prop and bent the skid, but the main issue I have now is that the gimbal is having issues. When you boot the drone up, it fails to complete the startup sweep, most of the time the up/down tilt works fine but it doesn't turn to the left or right or rotate CW/CCW, when you try to calibrate the gimbal, usually either nothing happens at all, or the camera will jump to the straight ahead position, vibrate and make noise and not much else. The actual calibration process will only complete in the app if the camera does not move on its own like it's supposed to, if it jumps to the straight ahead position it gets stuck at 5% and eventually the app says "calibration failed". When the camera jumps to the straight ahead position, gently nudging it or rotating the drone causes it to snap left or right depending on how the camera was nudged or drone rotated, and it will not recenter, nudging or rotating in the opposite direction causes it to jump to the opposite direction to where it was already pointing. Turning the drone upside down or putting it on an angle makes no difference as far as I can tell. What am I likely to have broken in the crash? I'm fairly proficient with electronics repair so I'm not too concerned about the repair process but I would appreciate some pointers about where I should be checking for damage.

If someone responds I would like to know too. I had a "small" crash when landing that broke a couple of props. No big deal there but I keep getting a series of "ready" and "gimbal motor overload" messages when I start it up and fly. It flashes one after the other constantly. Someone said it might be a loose wire. Haven't checked that since I'm not repair savvy. I've been able to take it up without a problem so haven't sent it back for repair yet. Will follow your thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl