H3-2D angle problem

Reaction score
I recently installed the upgrade kit and the H3-2D gimbal on my Phantom.

It's all working well, except the default position of the gimbal points the GoPro up, and I can't seem to change it so it's pointing straight ahead. I've played around with the calibration tool in the NAZA Assistant software but that's not helping.

I downloaded the H3-2D Assistant program, but I can't get it to connect to the gimbal using the USB cable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I had the same problem and found that the Zenmuse H3 2D Assistant program was very picky about the exact type of USB cable I used.

Luckily I had several of these cables laying around and after going through about 4 different ones I was able to find one that connected.

Not sure what was different about the cables other than for some reason the thicker more quality cables would not work. Maybe someone with more experience with USB would know. I always thought USB was USB

I now keep that cable and the regular Nazam Assistant USB cable in the same safe place.

Hope that helps, wish I could tell you why one cable works and the others didn't.

Good luck

Thanks for that. I tried a few cables but no luck.

Am I right in assuming that I use the grey USB cable inside the Phantom?

I have the upgrade kit so there's no GCU with the micro USB port to connect to.

Well you got me on that one, I thought there was still a GCU even with the upgrade kit and that the kit just eliminated the PMU but I guess I was wrong.

Unfortunately I do not have the upgrade kit, but I'm sure someone else will know that answer.

For me I have to connect directly to the GCU via the micro USB port and that was the sensitive one to the type of USB cord.
Not to mention the only way to connect to the GCU was taking your Phantom completely apart

Let us know what happens

You cannot use the H3-2D Assistant with the upgrade board; all the settings are now through NAZA Assistant. Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust the setting you are looking for. However I suspect it's just a calibration issue. Assuming you have installed the tilt lever provided with the upgrade board to the back of your transmitter, please try the following:

• Remove the screws on the back of the TX and open the shell
  • Find the potentiometer that controls the tilt (the one the lever engages via the aluminum rod)
  • Turn on TX, plug Phantom into USB, open NAZA Assistant, power up Phantom
  • Go to Basic -> RC tab and click Start under X1 Calibration
  • Using a small screwdriver, turn the pot through its entire range of motion, full left to full right, about 3-4 times. Click Finish.
  • Now look for a small brown dot of ink/paint on the pot that indicates its center point; set that to top dead center. (If you can't see/find the brown dot, just use your screwdriver to turn it full left and full right and then set the pot as close to the exact midpoint as you can.)
  • Reinstall the back on your TX, ensuring that the cross on the aluminum rod lines up with the cross on the pot; try not to rotate the pot too much when matching them up. Replace screws.
  • Turn on TX, plug Phantom into USB, open NAZA Assistant, power up Phantom
  • Go to Basic -> RC tab and click Start under X1 Calibration
  • This time you will simply be moving the tilt lever through its allowed range of motion. You should see values of -1000 to +1000 as the software adjusts to the new range.
Check out your gimbal and see if you now have full control over the tilt. Report back and let us know. Good luck!

Thanks very much for the help. Unfortunately that didn't resolve the issue.. the gimbal still points upwards when the lever is all the way to the right. It's an annoyance but I guess I can live with it.

No, that's defeatest talk! You spent a pile of money on this thing -- it should work properly! :)

If you open the TX and rotate the pot with a screwdriver while the Phantom and gimbal are powered up, what (if any) tilt behavior does it exhibit? Does it tilt down at all or just stay in the same place? If it does tilt, how much would you estimate that it moves when you turn the pot from 0 to 100%?

In the calibration screen, when you moved the lever did you see it go from -1000 to +1000, or just some smaller numbers?

Same problem here. The assistant is acting like it doesn't read the X1 channel. I think it has something to do with the D-Bus RC type not using ppm (ie zenmuse is comparable with ppm but not the new D-Bus we have to use now?). With the new software I can only run in D-Bus. In the zenmuse assistant i have firmware 1.6 installed, IMU installed at version 1.4 and 1.0 on the CMU. Oh and 1.2 on the software version. So I'm using the PMU v2.

The cursor in zenmuse assistant and naza assistant doesn't move or respond when I adjust the potentiometer. I've tried calibrating x1 in naza per instructions from magicman in this thread. No luck.

Receiver port is in X1. Every switch on the Tx works and reads out in the naza m v2 software assistant except for x1.

When booting up the GPro will start at 90 deg then adjust and slowly go to 1000 or looking straight down.

This is the fourth day of messin with it. It works great and stays level just no tilt, which I can't live without. I really really would appreciate any help I can get. I've had it for two weeks and have been obsessed. And this problem is driving me nuts.

Exact same issue. Anyone found out if the zenmuse/upgrade board supports the dbus phantom or not? Can't see anything saying it doesn't.

Have sent a mail to my phantom dealer - to see if they can shed any light on this :(

OK - but to what?

See attached image for what the assistant is showing as versions - nothing left to update (I updated the CMU and IMU already)

Attachments

• Phantom 2013-12-14 23-46-18.png
    Phantom 2013-12-14 23-46-18.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,239
blunde said:
http://blogg.elefun.no/?p=4499

Use Google translate If you don't understand Norwegian :)

OK, So I tried this also but I can't seem to find the program that guy used to update his RC with. Should I be able to do this with NAZA assistant? I tried that but nothing happens. Searching DJI's website turned up nothing for a program called RC assistant or Phantom RC. I do admit, I see to have terrible keyword ability so perhaps I overlooked it. Can anyone point me the right direction to update my RC?

Yes! Big thanks to blunde and to chrissearle for the download link! My zenmuse has tilt with the update firmware. Awesome! :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl