Waypoint Gimbal Angle

Reaction score
In the test Mission I am trying to run, I am experiencing an issue with a Litchi POI.
Mission Hub - Litchi
I want to fly to a big dead tree, then inspect it from all sides.
I set the waypoints to look at the tree, and that works fine; the gimbal angle sets to 30 degrees, but its not angled down enough to see the tree and the ground. The way point altitude is set at 5 feet, which I would assume would make the camera point about at the ground surface by the waypoint. What I get is a pretty much straight ahead camera angle, and I only see the top of the tree. And just as a general question: Is the straight ahead camera position 45 degrees and pointing straight down 90 degrees?

I just realized that maybe the waypoint elevation has to be set relative to the starting elevation. If the tree is 105 feet below my start, then if I want the camera to look at a point 5 feet off the ground by that waypoint, then I need to set the waypoint elevation at -100' ?

I just realized that maybe the waypoint elevation has to be set relative to the starting elevation. If the tree is 105 feet below my start, then if I want the camera to look at a point 5 feet off the ground by that waypoint, then I need to set the waypoint elevation at -100' ?
If you have control signal through the waypoint mission, you have full manual control of the gimbal too and can manually adjust it during the flight to wherever you want it to point.

@yblocker
Your mission shows
Way point #1 30' above GL
POI point #1 105' below GL
I would think POI should be set at -135' to view the bottom of the tree, etc.

Your thoughts?

Anybody else? ;)

Rod

@yblocker
Your mission shows
Way point #1 30' above GL
POI point #1 105' below GL
I would think POI should be set at -135' to view the bottom of the tree, etc.

Your thoughts?

Anybody else? ;)

Rod
I was thinking -100 feet would look at a point 5 feet above the ground relative to my start elevation.

Let me know. :)

I have had Litchi for a year and still confused, gave up on a lot of the features due to me loosing signal on most of my flights due to trees. Gimbal actions don't happen then.

But I still love it. :) :eek:

Mission Hub - Litchi

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod

Last edited:
Nice.
What Phantom do you have?
Did you loose signal?
Is that Shasta in the distance?

Right now I'm using a P3A.
Loose signal 80% of the flight :eek:

If you click the mission link, you can see where the mountains are.

Mt Hood is to the South, the Mountain in view on landing is Mt Adams to the North.

My P3S had a bad landing when the tree decided to let it go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31