Greetings from the Great State of Alaska

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and that I enjoy reading all of this great information. I just purchased a P3A and am looking forward to lots of flying.

Curious if anyone knew of a saddle or some sort of container that could attach to the Phantom for transporting small items? Also curious if they will make a P3 battery heater like the one they have for the Inspire 1?

Anyways, hope everyone is enjoying these great devices.

Couldn't resist!![emoji41]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449159445.370993.jpg

As for the battery i do 10 minutes at 200% that keeps it warm for 25 minutes of flight time

(Come on its thursday we need a laugh!)
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449163319.333287.jpg

I'm glad youve got a sense of humor! I havent figure out a successful way to drop with a p3 yet & ive flown in some pretty **** cold weather( i'm sure nothing like you'll experience there) and as long as I keep the batteries body temperature until right before take off they can last a 20 minute flight. As far as deliveries go this might be an option if anybody's had success with it the person on the other end supposedly can take it over and fly it back to you with his own app this way you can share the drone

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/361328003569

I'm going to try and get back up to Alaska sometime soon, some amazing places to fly and get photos up there. I'm curious if there are GPS issues with flying in Alaska? My car has a note that the nav system won't work there.

Well, Since marijuana is legal in Alaska, you could just walk over and give the person a hit. Remember, you don't have much payload power in a Phantom - it's designed to carry a tiny, lightweight camera and gimbal and not much else. You can look around and see people have put small batteries, lights and little bits of extra electronics on the birds without too much degradation in flight performance. Anything, not so much.

And remember, LiPo batteries aren't very fond of the Great White North.

I'm going to try and get back up to Alaska sometime soon, some amazing places to fly and get photos up there. I'm curious if there are GPS issues with flying in Alaska? My car has a note that the nav system won't work there.
Nope. GPS works fine. Magnetic compasses have issues, but GPS was designed to work in polar systems. No idea why your nav system doesn't work up here. But up until Google actually drove local roads, most maps were a bit off. My house was presumably in the middle of a bay for the longest time....

Well, Since marijuana is legal in Alaska, you could just walk over and give the person a hit. Remember, you don't have much payload power in a Phantom - it's designed to carry a tiny, lightweight camera and gimbal and not much else. You can look around and see people have put small batteries, lights and little bits of extra electronics on the birds without too much degradation in flight performance. Anything, not so much.

And remember, LiPo batteries aren't very fond of the Great White North.

Nope. GPS works fine. Magnetic compasses have issues, but GPS was designed to work in polar systems. No idea why your nav system doesn't work up here. But up until Google actually drove local roads, most maps were a bit off. My house was presumably in the middle of a bay for the longest time....

Looks like the issue is with Honda not putting the roads into the database rather than a GPS issue:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    753.5 KB · Views: 398
I'm glad youve got a sense of humor! I havent figure out a successful way to drop with a p3 yet & ive flown in some pretty **** cold weather( i'm sure nothing like you'll experience there) and as long as I keep the batteries body temperature until right before take off they can last a 20 minute flight. As far as deliveries go this might be an option if anybody's had success with it the person on the other end supposedly can take it over and fly it back to you with his own app this way you can share the drone

Flytrex Sky 'World's First' Personal Delivery GPS Drone - Designed To Deliver

I do not necessarily want to drop. Just land near them and they could open it up and take it. I guess anything would really work for this, but I was hoping for something that looked as if it was build for the job. I found this saddle thing for a gps device but I wouldn't want the lid to have a hole.

Saddlebags for Marco Polo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.