Greetings from Hickman County, TN.

Reaction score
I am a newbie drone pilot with 17 flights on my phantom 3 Standard. Purchased it new from Amazon about 1 month ago. I was a member of AMA and local radio flying club about 3 years ago but had to get out of hobby due to job and personal responsibilities. Now I am retired and have time. Decided to fly drones this time because I enjoy the fps and photos / videos + no longer have to deal with landing on a runway. Also helps this older guy to have more reaction time than what fixed wing flying allows. Currently considering to renew AMA and local flying club to have access to open field.
Finding a place to fly is more challenging than I thought it would be. I have a friend that owns a farm with cows on it. If I keep altitude to 200' can I be confident the cows will not get scared? I would like to be sure of this before I even ask for permission.

Thanks hcflyer

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
I don't think you would scare the cows but you will see soon enough and if you did you could stop .

My dog, a Boston Terrier is scared of everything, but a drone at 20' above ground does not bother him!

Reactions: Hcflyer
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello neighbor and welcome to the forum.

The only way to KNOW for sure is to test it. I'd imagine at anything over 100' no livestock will pay it much attention. It's hit or miss even at lower altitudes. I've flown over horses, cows, llamas and more with no reactions but a month ago we shot video and pics for a horse ranch. It just happens their horses are high-end horses that are extremely jumpy. Our Phantom3P drove them crazy. While it was beautiful seeing them running through the field we expedited our process to get done quicker as to not cause them to do something that might cause them harm (running through a fence for example).

Reactions: Hcflyer
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
I don't think you would scare the cows but you will see soon enough and if you did you could stop .
Thanks director for your help and welcome!

Hello neighbor and welcome to the forum.

The only way to KNOW for sure is to test it. I'd imagine at anything over 100' no livestock will pay it much attention. It's hit or miss even at lower altitudes. I've flown over horses, cows, llamas and more with no reactions but a month ago we shot video and pics for a horse ranch. It just happens their horses are high-end horses that are extremely jumpy. Our Phantom3P drove them crazy. While it was beautiful seeing them running through the field we expedited our process to get done quicker as to not cause them to do something that might cause them harm (running through a fence for example).

Thanks for sharing your experience BigAIO7!

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94