Great drone from a lousy company!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind, DJI is a Chinese company. China knows next to nothing about customer service, it's not in the culture to provide answers or cater to your demands. Their attitude is take it or leave it. Every company I know that manufactures product in China has to keep people there to ensure they are building to spec, they will cheap out in a heartbeat, because they don't care.

Rob:

This is the world that Wang Tao started in, when he set out to make the Apple Computer of RC Helis and Drones.
Is this a joke ? I guess you know nothing about Apple support and how it outperforms any other company on earth (which doesn't prevent Apple to launch bad products)
The P3 (and probably other products from DJI) is a wonderful tool but be sure DJI knows absolutely nothing about customer support and will never reach Apple when it comes to customer satisfaction. This is not part of their language.

Keep in mind, DJI is a Chinese company. China knows next to nothing about customer service, it's not in the culture to provide answers or cater to your demands. Their attitude is take it or leave it. Every company I know that manufactures product in China has to keep people there to ensure they are building to spec, they will cheap out in a heartbeat, because they don't care.

I would't go so far to say: They don't care. They don't know better as it seems not part of their understanding of business. I always experienced a huge difference between attention Before and After the sale while dealing with Chinese suppliers in the past.
Their emphasis is on building large quantities of a product for the lowest possible price. What we are seeing as cutting corners is not a big concern for them as long as the product somehow works when it leaves the factory. China has not been a big time producer for too long and the world's consumers created this mentality by looking for the lowest bidder. Even established "western" manufacturers went to China to lower their production cost with cheap labor. Many had to learn this comes with a price. Quality control and customer service rarely comes from the Chinese manufacturers. Eventually they will adapt to more demanding clients as the clients have to adapt to more expensive products.
There are 3 issues with business: Quality - Service - Price. Only two of the 3 can be established longterm. Too many tried to do all 3, I don't know of any company succeeding in that quest.

As DJI gets a lot of international attention they might understand sooner then later the importance of more the just a stellar product: Any product is only as good as the people behind it!

Either they adapt early enough or someone (probably non Chinese) will do this and takes big market shares from them. Whether that product is actually produced in China or not is less of an issue as quality control can be implemented anywhere.

Reactions: Canadian
Eventually they will adapt to more demanding clients as the clients have to adapt to more expensive products.

Don't hold your breath. Almost every company in China is partially owned by the Chinese Gov't. Unless it changes, the rest of the experience won't.

I have contacted DJI on several occasions using the Chat function. It's really base level support so don't get too excited but better than waiting for a long time on the phone...

Let us know how the new firmware and app play out.

Reactions: damitjim01
Don't hold your breath. Almost every company in China is partially owned by the Chinese Gov't. Unless it changes, the rest of the experience won't.
You are right about "co-ownership". But there is a change from Communism to Capitalism, not by design but by human nature. The upcoming middle-class in China is eventually facilitating these changes. Not that I am a big fan of unregulated capitalsm (it will and is failing) but as we don't have many new social concepts at this time it seems the lesser of 2 evils. As globalization continues China will adapt more at least IMHO.

Reactions: Canadian
Is this a joke ? I guess you know nothing about Apple support and how it outperforms any other company on earth (which doesn't prevent Apple to launch bad products)
The P3 (and probably other products from DJI) is a wonderful tool but be sure DJI knows absolutely nothing about customer support and will never reach Apple when it comes to customer satisfaction. This is not part of their language.

I think you may have missed the point of that post.

Did the new update today. NOTHING ! No fix to the VPS that got messed up when I upgraded to the last Firmware upgrade.

Since this went from a question to a discussion on Chinese practices and it borders on a company dispute I think this has run it's course. Closed.

Reactions: SENC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj