GPS Tracker to save Phantom & GoPro

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed in earlier post, but so far I haven't found the answer.
I have a DJI Phantom 2 with Gimbal & GoPro.
I'll be flying in some rough hilly terrain, at times I won't be able to keep the Phantom in sight.

I'm looking for a GPS Tracker so if a lose the Phantom I'll be able to find it.

Any Thoughts or suggestions.

_Thom

All I want is a GPS device to locate my Phantom if it goes down.
o_O Well bro if you will look in there you will see what all like here . If you will do a little searching in that engine you might find what you like !
I just told you what I use and it does me well !

Most trackers require a GPS and a GPRS signal - in other words, must remain in contact with a cell-phone mast. In rough and hilly terrain cell-phone coverage is hit and miss at best, so such trackers may not function.

I have a RF-V16 which works really well at home and around populated areas, but in one area less than a mile from home it does not receive a GPRS signal, so is effectively useless if I lose the Phantom around there.

G

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for chiming in on this guys as I tried to show em where to see all this but guess he just wants to be told ! ;)

That's a good one and had one .Was the first one I had . Guy there I was dealing with was nice too . Refunded my money as soon as I had an issue with mine .
Not knocking it but just didn't work for me where I am at . Wish it had as I did like it .Is not the cheapest but when it comes to what we are using these for that don't really matter . I might try another one now and see how it does now as I am starting to have mine go into sleep mode way to soon and don't want to wake up ! Sorta like I'm getting :eek:
Am rethinking this TK .

I like my Trackimo, long battery life bought on Ebay. $65.00 + about $4.50 per month to have the service connected. Works for 3 days without a charge, light, simple.

This one has the plan included: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trackimo-Mi...1-Year-Plan-/231644884151?hash=item35ef1c6cb7

mounts for Phantoms: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Trackimo...ntom-2-only-/291518014068?hash=item43dfd3e274

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...ed-Material-/141669020786?hash=item20fc21b472

I am thinking that you could have the tracker and mount in about 4 days for about $75.00.

If you fabbed your own mount, you could knock off some $$.

What did you pay for the bird?

Ken

dirkclod said:
That's a good one and had one .Was the first one I had . Guy there I was dealing with was nice. too . Refunded my money as soon as I had an issue with mine .
Not knocking it but just didn't work for me where I am at . Wish it had as I did like it .Is not the cheapest but when it comes to what we are using these for that don't really matter . I might her one now and see how it does now as I am starting to have mine go into sleep mode way to soon and don't want to wake up ! Sorta like I'm getting :eek:
Am rethinking this TK .
Dirk. I have had my drone mods for over a year now and it still works. A little over a month ago, it stopped working. Lights worked but oddly. There is a small hole in the sim card bay that can be reset with a toothpick or similar. It started working again so I was happy. Then it messed up again after a few weeks. The I removed the sim card and reinserted the card a few times thinking maybe it wasnt making a good connection. That worked. Its been a few weeks now. That may have been the problem in the first place.

Dirk. I have had my drone mods for over a year now and it still works. A little over a month ago, it stopped working. Lights worked but oddly. There is a small hole in the sim card bay that can be reset with a toothpick or similar. It started working again so I was happy. Then it messed up again after a few weeks. The I removed the sim card and reinserted the card a few times thinking maybe it wasnt making a good connection. That worked. Its been a few weeks now. That may have been the problem in the first place.
Might have been my issue monte and was just starting out and really didn't know much about them and just jumped to fast in returning it .
My main thing was I couldn't get it to hit but about 100 yards from where it was at but we have so many more towers now and think I'm gonna give it another go . Thanks for that bro :)

I really didn't want to spend the $129 at first but after seeing all the posts on trackers, I decided on this one. I just wanted one that really worked and stayed working. I like the12 day battery life. You can't find much of anything on youtube etc about operation. The company that does the service operation is supposed to be a very large company. I had looked at others and some would not work after 2015. Something about the service provider bailing out on them.

FlyTrex 3G is a tracking system that's a little pricey, but I've heard its awesome if your bird goes down, also a little heavy so it may reduce flight time.

What do you do if you loose your quad in an area that has poor or no cell coverage whatsoever? In my opinion buying any tracker that dependent on cell coverage is a waste of money. Not only does a tracker cost hard earned money but there are also monthly fees. There is a solution for those who feel they really need something to help find their craft after the so call flyaways should look into a Marco Polo Tracker.
http://eurekaproducts.com/rc-model-tracking-and-recovery/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31