GPS switch question

Reaction score
Our store has a Phantom demo. I am trying to learn all I can about it. I have watched several videos of it. The question I have is the GPS switch is a 3 position switch. GPS is at the top, then ATTI in center and ATTI at the bottom. What does the 2 ATTI modes do? I will get my own Phantom someday. These are awesome! Thanks. Chuck

yes the switch is a 3 position switch. default setting for the 3rd position is the same as the second position (ATTI). there is nothing special about it by default. however, that 3rd position can be switched to the "manual" mode for advanced flyers who like to do acrobatic stuff with their craft.

auck said:
however, that 3rd position can be switched to the "manual" mode for advanced flyers who like to do acrobatic stuff with their craft.
In the latest firmware you can also set the 3rd position to "failsave" to manually engage the return to home failsave.

Just to clarify, the 3rd position of the switch can be changed to manual or failsafe only by hooking it up to the PC and making that change using the Naza Assistant software and saving it to the Phantom's onboard computer.

So I can program the switch in the software so all the way down can be fail safe , and if I have the go home and land setup in failsafe it will work like turning off the transmitter? Sorry for all the questions but since the store has let me learn about the Phantom I have been quit fascinated with it. I updated to the newest firmware and went through and recalibrated everything. Since then it is much more stable and locked in especially using GPS mode. Soon I will be checking out the HL and CL as well. I know I have to activate that function as well. Haven't done that yet. Trying to learn as much as I can so I can help out our customers. I am lucky enough to work for an owner that let's me do this. By the time I buy my own I hope to be a real veteran with it. Thanks again. Chuck

cwright said:
So I can program the switch in the software so all the way down can be fail safe , and if I have the go home and land setup in failsafe it will work like turning off the transmitter?
Yes. The bottom position of the GPS switch comes from the factory set as ATTI mode (the same as the second switch position). However, with the software, you can change it to Manual or Return to Home (same as turning the transmitter off).

cwright said:
So I can program the switch in the software so all the way down can be fail safe , and if I have the go home and land setup in failsafe it will work like turning off the transmitter? Sorry for all the questions but since the store has let me learn about the Phantom I have been quit fascinated with it. I updated to the newest firmware and went through and recalibrated everything. Since then it is much more stable and locked in especially using GPS mode. Soon I will be checking out the HL and CL as well. I know I have to activate that function as well. Haven't done that yet. Trying to learn as much as I can so I can help out our customers. I am lucky enough to work for an owner that let's me do this. By the time I buy my own I hope to be a real veteran with it. Thanks again. Chuck

For the RTH to work properly, you have to make sure that your Phantom has recorded the home position.
This will happen 30 seconds after connecting the battery and you will see single rapid GREEN led.
You can also set the home position by yourself (flipping between HL & CL 4-5 times and the GREEN repid confirmed).
You can even do that in flight for both CL & HL recorded position (for CL just flip 4-5 times between OFF & CL and make sure you see the confirmed rapid GREEN).

Note CL for nose direction record and HL for home position record.

Before very flight, it is a good practice to watch for that rapid GREEN in 30 seconds and test your CL & HL only when you fly more than 10 meters away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.