GPS problem - help needed

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought the Phantom 2 Vision + last week. I did some great flights during last weekend and everything went very well.

Today, I went out to fly again. At first, I could not get any GSP satellites (GPS icon was grey). I changed location and there I had 8 satellites. I took off and after 10 seconds, the number 8 disappeared, the GPS icon turned grey, I had huge difficulties controlling the Phantom and crashed.

I changed to another location, a place were I flew 40 minutes last week without any issue. Same thing happened.
I changed to a total different location. I had 10 satellites. After being 3 minutes in the air, suddenly the GPS icon turned grey again and the Phantom became very difficult to control again.

Is there anybody who knows what can be the reason for this and how I can solve it ?

Thanks very much in advance !!!

Could be a few things, but some are being shipped with loose connections on the GPS unit inside the top of your Phantom. Need to open it and check the connection.

Thanks for your advice !
I went to see the shop this afternoon. They told me that the loss of GPS signal was caused by the fact the weather was overcast this morning. It seems that the weather has a big impact on this.
He recommended me to go fly this afternoon. I followed his advice and had 14 satellites the entire flight, without any issues.

Is this known to you guys ? You also experienced this before ?

What kind of weather should I take care of ? (I live in Singapore, so very near to the equator in a tropical climate)

Thanks in advance !

Bespoke Wind Up said:
Jo Ka said:
I went to see the shop this afternoon. They told me that the loss of GPS signal was caused by the fact the weather was overcast this morning. It seems that the weather has a big impact on this.

Fins a new shop. They don't know what they are talking about.

http://gpstracklog.com/2005/09/does_cloud_cove.html
Garmin also states it works in all weather. Not much good to the military if it doesn't. http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGPS/

Thanks guys.
Went flying today. Eleven satellites the entire time and a perfect flight.
Maybe I just had bad luck yesterday...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers