GPS or Not?

Reaction score
Hello folks...

I am new to Drones, in fact, I expect to have my Phantom 4 delivered this morning. I have been reading all the required stuff and feel that I am ready to fly this thing.

My question is about the tablet! I see a lot about the tablets either having or not having GPS.

What are the pros and cons of having or not having GPS on the tablet you use with you Phantom 4?

Thanks in advance!

Denny

If you have GPS in your tablet, you can use Follow Me and manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you're not planning on using those features, then a device without GPS would be an okay option for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magicmanp4
What do you currently have for a tablet? If none, I highly recommend the nvidia shield k1 tablet. By far the best bang for your buck.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

What do you currently have for a tablet? If none, I highly recommend the nvidia shield k1 tablet. By far the best bang for your buck.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

Right now, I am using my iPhone 6+. It seems to work great, but I do want a larger screen. I appreciate you telling me about the K1. I am going to check into that today!

If you have GPS in your tablet, you can use Follow Me and manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you're not planning on using those features, then a device without GPS would be an okay option for you.

Thanks so much for letting me know this. I have read all the manuals, quickstart guides, videos, and just about anything else I can find to learn and this one, I either missed or just hadn't found yet.

Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1