GPS not finding any satelites.

Reaction score
I have removed the gimbal/camera due to the problems everybody has been having.
I flew my vision 2+ the other day with no problems and 7 sats picked up. I went to fly it today and the app on my samsung note 3 says no connection and wont find any satelites.

I have taken the cover off and checked all cables, all seem connected and ok.

Am I missing something or has the GPS unit given up.
Any help would be appreciated.

The rear lights go solid green during calibration after you do the 360 degree horizontal spin. Then you need to point the nose down and do another 360 degree spin. Once the compass calibration has been completed, you should then be able to tell by the blinking rear lights what your GPS status is.

I know they are phantom basics I ve been flying it for 6 months.

I am not getting any GPS lock in the app. In other words the app is not showing any satellites.

After calibration the rear lights stay solid green they dont blink until I start the motors.

If you have no gimbal then you won't have any telemetry including qty of Sats and you have to look at your LEDs on the Phantom if you have 6+ sats or less

When you changed the camera and gimbal over, you may of not plugged the 3 grey cables in tightly.
Grab some tweezers and push them in tighter or pull them out and inspect them.
The culprit usually is the clip in 4-pin grey cable. The clip in cable controls tilt, telemetry etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers