GPS Module Upgrade

ahhhhh.....motherrrofffffgoddddddddddddddd. lol Man.... So I need to buy a P3A/P gps module and give it a shot....I know I have heard of people saying no.... But same pins and plug... Have you seen an actual post where they physically tried it?

ahhhhh.....motherrrofffffgoddddddddddddddd. lol Man.... So I need to buy a P3A/P gps module and give it a shot....I know I have heard of people saying no.... But same pins and plug... Have you seen an actual post where they physically tried it?
No I haven't . Might be someone that has tried it but I haven't seen it . Standard and P3 4K pretty much the same bird other than the camera/gimbal
and the sonar thing under it which I have never used . TX is a lot better and more like the Pro/Adv .

MTR in case you haven't seen what you have here it is . Was gonna change the antenna on the puck to the 4mm one like we did on the P2's but didn't see no need when I saw what it already had . Now I haven't seen what the others have but this is what we got .
sheild.JPG puck.JPG I believe that booster really is just more insulation between the main board and the GPS puck .

Any new developments on swapping the GPS Modules? Still wondering if it will work in the Standard !!

It was a 4k GPS module and they are basically the same as the standard. i have yet to be able to get my hands on a a/p gps module to try.

Reactions: Amigorick
It was a 4k GPS module and they are basically the same as the standard.
Yep. Someone needs to try upgrading the GPS antenna itself. Any takers? :D

Last edited:
Oh, I thought I was told that the 4k was the same as standard... in gps way... i guess not

Oh, I thought I was told that the 4k was the same as standard... in gps way... i guess not
The P3 4K is the same as the Standard . As far as the GPS ,is not GLONASS .

So my standard on avg picks up 13-14 sats... via GPS obv... do you think getting GLONASS is going to be that beneficial?

I just looked on the DJI website and the specs for the 4K are the same as the Standard, as far as GPS.

So my standard on avg picks up 13-14 sats... via GPS obv... do you think getting GLONASS is going to be that beneficial?
I don't think it will work on ours . I dono .
I just looked on the DJI website and the specs for the 4K are the same as the Standard, as far as GPS.
And thank you for confirming what I had just said .:)

I hope the P3A/P board is the same as the Std/4K and the only difference is the antenna puck frequencies to pickup GPS/GLONASS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20