Got Few Questions

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've had my P3S for barely a month, and while I learned quite a bit (I think) there are still some nagging questions and I'd appreciate help/pointers to further my 'education'.

1. I know how to get flight logs from the AC, but in the event of a flyaway, how does one get the logs from either the controller or the tablet? I'm using an iPad Mini 2 and can't reach the DJI folder on the tablet (as is the case for Android device).
2. Need a good tutorial for setting up way points and gimbal/camera pitch (kinda like litchi) in DJI Go
3. I know how to fly (GPS mode), but now the next step for me is how does one get good quality video? I've tried some low light shots of the neighborhood (holiday lights) but the quality does not compare to what I get with a gopro. I tried the typical settings I use on other cameras, but not there yet.

Will add more to this thread as I learn/discover/stumble more.

Last edited:
Reactions: paul58
in the event of a flyaway, how does one get the logs from either the controller or the tablet? I'm using an iPad Mini 2 and can't reach the DJI folder on the tablet (as is the case for Android device).
You can find instructions here.

Need a good tutorial for setting up way points
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JB63
You can find instructions here.

Thank You. But somehow, I cannot find any file on the controller/tablet. I do find DAT files on the drone, but I thought I read somewhere that the same files are kept on the controller/tablet. I'm also using the DJI app (not litchi) on an iPad (where the files/folders are not automatically visible as in Android devices).

Yes, I can do away with the files from the AC, but in the case of a fly-away, I thoght one can retrieve the logs from the tablet/controller. Is that not the case?

Last edited:
Thank You. But somehow, I cannot find any file on the controller/tablet. I do find DAT files on the drone, but I thought I read somewhere that the same files are kept on the controller/tablet. I'm also using the DJI app (not litchi) on an iPad (where the files/folders are not automatically visible as in Android devices).

Yes, I can do away with the files from the AC, but in the case of a fly-away, I thoght one can retrieve the logs from the tablet/controller. Is that not the case?
Apple doesn't make is as easy for users to get to the files inside an app like android does. You need to plug in your iPad, go to the device in iTunes, select apps and then scroll down to file sharing. Click DJI GO and find the flightrecords folder and download it to your computer.

Apple doesn't make is as easy for users to get to the files inside an app like android does. You need to plug in your iPad, go to the device in iTunes, select apps and then scroll down to file sharing. Click DJI GO and find the flightrecords folder and download it to your computer.
Thank You, I got it to work, rather neat. I had completely forgotten about the files' location on the iPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic