Gopro Hero 3+ interference on USB video

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

After building 4 quads with various setups recently I became proud member of Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D.
I must say that it is a great little machine and it flies great.

But I have a problem with USB video output on H3-3D. I certain tilt positions picture on my monitor is like on the attached video. Unusable to fly.
Funny thing is that when Gopro is in Photo mode picture is still :shock: with little or no interference but it is usable.

I tried isolating power from gimbal to Gopro by isolating pins on the connector but it removes wavy lines only. It would be great if only those lines are the issue :?

Is anyone else having this problem in video mode?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/938 ... erence.MOV

I have H3-2D on X8 and with the same camera it has no interference issues (except wavy lines.)
Would changing connection to Hero connector solve this issue?

Any experiences?

Thank you!

Igor

Did you check for the video settings of both the GoPro and the monitor, both either PAL or NTSC?

Regards, Gerd

Also try different settings on the monitor, should be several options for Pal/NTSC combinations. Your monitor looks like my Lumenier, and I have to use NTSC-M, other options have poor color or rolling screen like yours.

Igor, this thread ended up in the H3-2D section, I'll move it over to the H3-3D section for you.

The rolling lines you're seeing are a common effect seen when using that new USB ribbon cable to connect the gimbal to the gopro. Replacing it with the rear port from an H3-2D as you suggest should get around the problem, it's worked for other owners. This thread has info on two options available if you don't want to take the Hero port from your other gimbal: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22798

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.