GoPro conversion?

Reaction score
So I got the PV2+ since it was an out-of-box solution with everything. I'm starting to regret going with the setup as the camera seems quite limited and the GoPro takes better/higher quality images.

Has anyone done this conversion? What hardware can be re-used?

8676309 said:
So I got the PV2+ since it was an out-of-box solution with everything. I'm starting to regret going with the setup as the camera seems quite limited and the GoPro takes better/higher quality images.

That depends what setup you would like to end up with? If you want real time FPV, you would need to replace the Tx and Rx, since the P2V(+) uses 5.8 gHz for the Tx, and the FPV systems also use that frequency. In my opinion you would be better of by selling your still intact P2V+ and buying a P2 H3-3D and telemetry system (OSD and FPV)

Well, for me is quite the same, but is not a rush.

I kind of like using my P2V+ , but when the go pro hero 4 comes out, i will definitely try to have a Phantom with out camera, i think its better being a little patient and see what the market brings.

what does it take to convert the tx/rx?

simply curious. I like to know how things work and how to take it apart (a much needed skill for this hobby!) :mrgreen:

M.Tigelaar said:
8676309 said:

You can do this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIY7M8lD6CM

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19369

Looks like what I want, but the YouTube video is just an ad for DRONExpert? Does not contain any information that I can use for myself.

that video showed one thing in particular.

ZERO LAG from the gopro!

I can only assume its due to the range extender being way more powerful

You simply replace your camera and gimbal for your GoPro with the DroneExpert gimbal.
Fpv and telemetry are still active. :mrgreen:

Hi! Im new to this.. (my first post). I am going to buy the PV2+ probably tomorrow. Would you recommend getting the PV2 and attaching a Hero 3? What are the differences between both setups?

1. Difference in camera quality
2. Difference in drone quality/functionability

There are advantages to both.
With the P2V+ you get an 'out of the box' quite good camera, very good gimbal, quite good FPV via smartphone/tablet.
The video quality is adequate for youtube but not up to (recent) GoPro standard.
Another snag is the camera gimbal assembly is an all in one unit, which is somewhat fragile and expensive to replace.

For better video, especially if you already have a GoPro or would use it off the Phantom too, you can take that more modular approach and get a P2, and 2d or 3d gimbal and attach your own camera.
If you want FPV that's an additional item, if you want flight data about altitude, speed, battery and satellites that's another problem area compared to Vision and Vision+
The GoPro setup will cost you significantly more to get similar features to V+

4wd said:
If you want FPV that's an additional item, if you want flight data about altitude, speed, battery and satellites that's another problem area compared to Vision and Vision+
The GoPro setup will cost you significantly more to get similar features to V+

Saying I remove my NEW gimbal and vision and sell it for $XXX.XX amount. at what I could be looing at to have the same features as the Vision+? Meaning gimble, GoPro, etc.?

Doing this kind of conversion is definitely a good choice. Detach the camera with gimbal and sell it on ebay for $900+ and then get a Gopro with its Gimbal with good quality for much less money. If you decide to do the conversion, I would suggest to sell the camera with gimbal firstly and quickly before the DJI flood the market with that camera/gimbal replacement part!

Good luck

yali said:
Doing this kind of conversion is definitely a good choice. Detach the camera with gimbal and sell it on ebay for $900+ and then get a Gopro with its Gimbal with good quality for much less money. If you decide to do the conversion, I would suggest to sell the camera with gimbal firstly and quickly before the DJI flood the market with that camera/gimbal replacement part!

Good luck

Great advice, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl