GoPro and DJI Phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
Hello,

I am fairly new to world of Quadcopters . I have flown RC Airplanes and Driven RC Cars for several years. I love these Quadcopter's. I recently acquired a DJI Phantom 1.1.1 Quadcopter. I have flown it several times and now I'm looking to put my GoPro Hero 4 Silver on the Phantom. My GoPro Hero 4 Silver has it's Wifi off but when i went to turn on my phantom, it couldn't obtain a strong GPS signal. I then attempted to take the GoPro off the mount and attempt to acquire the satellites... 1 Minute later it was all set and ready to fly. As soon as I attached the GoPro back to the phantom it immediately went back to no satellites.

Has anyone noticed a similar problem with their GoPro & Phantom

Please Help!!!!

Happy Flying,
Sam_M19

You cannot use the GoPro's wifi with the P1.1.1. It interferes with the 2.4 ghz RC signal and obviously in your case with GPS signal as well. All of us who use GoPros control them manually, or use the app for settings and then turn off wifi. If you want to view what you're filming you will need a 5.8 ghz fpv system.

Reactions: kjar211
You might try shielding it with some copper tape. I don't get much RF interference from my unshielded Silver, though. This seems like a pretty unique case.

How do you know you do not get any satellites when you only see the led flashing? What is it flashing?

There is a sequence to the flashing lights to let you know that you have more than, or less than X amount of satellites. If I remember correctly that number is 6.

It's been a while since I've flown my P1.

Look at this video starting at 03:17.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
There is a sequence to the flashing lights to let you know that you have more than, or less than X amount of satellites. If I remember correctly that number is 6.

It's been a while since I've flown my P1.

Look at this video starting at 03:17.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sweet!!!
THANK YOU timmer! I've been searching all over for those Colin Guinn videos. I used to have all of them downloaded but misplaced them and couldn't find'em. I did find the IMU calibration one he did but that was all I could find online. From the one you posted all the other ones are accessible. My DJI, Colin Guinn video collection is once again complete.
r32n21yq92y3syn6g.jpg

BOT

I already know that guys. I was asking the original poster (Sam M19). the question because he said he was not getting any satellites..

It is flashing red red green. Normally it goes red red red green, then red red green, then red green then just green when it is ready to fly. It was flashing green until i mounted my GoPro on the Phantom and ended up flashing red red green

Sweet!!!
THANK YOU timmer! I've been searching all over for those Colin Guinn videos. I used to have all of them downloaded but misplaced them and couldn't find'em. I did find the IMU calibration one he did but that was all I could find online. From the one you posted all the other ones are accessible. My DJI, Colin Guinn video collection is once again complete.
r32n21yq92y3syn6g.jpg

BOT

You're Welcome!

I used to have them stashed on my YouTube channel but they vanished all of a sudden. You better download them again because those may not be up for long, it seems that DJI goes out of its way to remove any trace of the Colin Guinn connection.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Sam_M19,just out of curiosity,where on the Phantom do you have your GoPro mounted.

I always do a full recalibration when I add new hardware. Adding (or removing) hardware changes the magnetic field a bit. Try that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan