Google Map Missing

Reaction score
I have noticed after the DJI Go app updated to version 3.1 for android that my Google Map has been replaced by some crappy map that says "here" on it. Map get all fuzzy when I try to zoom way into it. It's not Google and it sucks.
1479378910869.png

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I also went back to the last version. After a bad update to the controller a few weeks ago and a downgrade to fix that also, and no new firmware updates since June, I think I will just stop updating my P3P since everything is working good now. I'm afraid with all the new drones they are pushing out any problems with the P3's won't be high on their priority list to resolve.

Unless they introduce some magical features I am done updating.
It seems with every update they fix 2 problems but create 4 more.
I just dont understand it.

Reactions: nollzr
I did not find anything Good on this New dji Go version...
The here maps is Good for a car GPS, but crappy for dji Go...
And for the First time, with that update i have Lost my vídeo feed!
I think on back to a better version...
Wich one do you recomend?
Thx

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am running 2.8.1 I have google maps and follow me works.
in the next one(dont remeber the version) follow me stopped working. but still utilized google maps.
The latest, 3.1.0 they are using here maps, but fixed the follow me function.

Hi' All,
Pretty new to this myself.
But what is the procedure to revert to version 3.0.

Thanks
Jim

I have noticed after the DJI Go app updated to version 3.1 for android that my Google Map has been replaced by some crappy map that says "here" on it. Map get all fuzzy when I try to zoom way into it. It's not Google and it sucks. View attachment 68881

You are correct. I just flew with DJI GO 3.1.0 and the little map will not show the AC arrow unless it is very close to the home point. If you expand it to full screen and only if it is close enough, you can see where the AC is compared to the home point. It does not self zoom in on the full screen or the smaller screen. This is not helpful. They need to put back the screen size zooming-in.

Hi' All,
Pretty new to this myself.
But what is the procedure to revert to version 3.0.

Thanks
Jim
You will have to download an old DJI Go Apk. Uninstall the current Go app. Go to settings under the security area of the phone and make sure you can download apps from unknown sources. Then once you download an older version, find the file and install it. Make sure it doesn't auto update in the play store. Google for the older Apk file.
1479432521460.png

HERE maps are unacceptable. They are low-res, out of date, incomplete and have extensive cloud cover in areas making them useless. Here compared to Google.

pahala_maps.jpg

Guys... I'm back to 3.0 version... Google maps is back, and i have no more video reception issues! I think this one is the last Good version for our Phantom 3!

Guys... I'm back to 3.0 version... Google maps is back, and i have no more video reception issues! I think this one is the last Good version for our Phantom 3!

Have you flown out pretty far with the 3.0 go app? Wonder which version of the Go App people seem to like the best? I'm back on 2.9 again but havent flown with it yet. At least google maps is back. Is there a way to find out the differences are between the various versions of the Go App? I would like to find the best one for me and just stay on it.

How to rollback versions on iOS ..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, I guess I will load an older version of GO and forget about upgrading anything from now on. It seems strange to me that the app for my Bebop "toy" drone still provides google map and huge DJI has to make cuts like this.

Have you flown out pretty far with the 3.0 go app? Wonder which version of the Go App people seem to like the best? I'm back on 2.9 again but havent flown with it yet. At least google maps is back. Is there a way to find out the differences are between the various versions of the Go App? I would like to find the best one for me and just stay on it.

Have the very same question. I just went back to 3.0.1 to get this fixed on my tablet. Now I'd like to know what's the big difference between 2.8 or 2.9 or 3.0. Mostly 2.9.1 and 3.0.1 ??

Dont remember for sure but I think alot of the updates were for the standard "bug fixes" and updates to the osmo camera and adding the mavic to the app. Mostly nothing to do with the phantom 3. That's why I was happy they moved other products to a different app. With to many items running on one app it would cause way to many problems for all products after every update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31