Good inexpensive camera backpack deep enough for P3?

Reaction score
I have been searching all the backpacks I can find but I don't want to spend $150 and up for one. I just customized a Seahorse Case which is great, but I just wasn't thinking. I live in an area where having a backpack makes more sense. The Seahorse is great for traveling and storing, but not so much if you have to go up a trail. A camera backpack has plenty of adjustable dividers, but it has to be able to accommodate the height of the bird.

Has anyone else customized an inexpensive camera backpack for the P3? I was thinking about trying this one, https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...d=1433982746&sr=1-19&keywords=camera+backpack, becuase one review did customize it, but Amazon is probably about ready to revoke my Prime Membership if I return anything else.

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't realize that list was there. The first one listed was the one I mentioned. Just ordered it. Will be here Friday. Maybe then I will have gotten enough sleep to actually fly this thing for the 1st time.

Has anyone else customized the Amazon Basics backpack? Share any pics?

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't realize that list was there. The first one listed was the one I mentioned. Just ordered it. Will be here Friday. Maybe then I will have gotten enough sleep to actually fly this thing for the 1st time.

Has anyone else customized the Amazon Basics backpack? Share any pics?
Hi there, I bought this bag as I wanted a cheap backpack for cycling out to local areas. It's a snug fit but I can get everything in no problem including extra battery and iPad mini. It's not quite deep enough but the bag does stretch and zips up no problem. I was thinking about putting four thin plastic poles next to the landing gear just to make sure there's no stress in them. There's a couple of videos on youtube but let me know if you want pics and I'll post them.

I saw the videos. Your right. A bit snug, but I would only use it when I knew I needed to. My Seahorse would still remain my method of transportation. But there are some nice small waterfalls in this area where I wouldn't want to be lugging that thing around. Mine will be here tomorrow and I can start to figure out what might relieve some stress.

I'm using 3 bags, the smaller bookbag one mentioned already: http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/Ebay-"phantom-3"-bookbag-Review..42028/

the thinktank helipak and a pelican 1560.

It seems like a lot of cases for one P3 but depending on how I'm using it, I need to change the case. If I'm shooting with a ton of other gear, tripods, other cameras etc, I use the pelican to make sure its safe. Along with the p3 and all of its accessories, the helipak fits a 5dmkiii, 11-24mm, 24-70mm and 70-200mm lens along with batteries, chargers etc. The bookbag is perfect for just going for hike or wanting to stay stealth when finding a place to shoot.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic