Goggles with P4P - first flights

Not really much info found on using the DJI Goggles with the P4P Plus.
Bought them... Useless for touch pad control of the P4P Plus. Only good
as HDMI Viewer.
Returned them.. :(
Did you buy them directly from DJi. I have the googles also but I have a 4 pro+. I agree not the same as with the Mavic and thinking of sending them back. Do you know if the can be returned if bought them from Dji.
Thanks

Reactions: Razorback1
Yeah... Any goggles with HDMI input will do the same job for the P4P+.
I bought hem or the Googles Touch Control of the P4P+ which is
nonexistent.

Yes I bought them from DJI directly and yes you can return then after
contacting them for an RMA number and Return Address.
The address they gave me was in the USA. Just got a confirmation
that they received my Goggles. Whoo Hoo.
Now just waiting for the refund

Last edited:
The only thing the DJI goggles are good for is the Mavic. DJI claims it's works with the P4P but it only works with the monitor disconnected or the HDMI port which it doesn't come with. I really wouldn't call that working with the P4P

That's the reason I purchased a Mavic, had horrible results with my P$P but really wanted the goggles

Not really much info found on using the DJI Goggles with the P4P Plus.
Bought them... Useless for touch pad control of the P4P Plus. Only good
as HDMI Viewer.
Returned them.. :(
I hear you. I cant say that I'm crazy about them. I mean the video is pretty **** clear but I feel like your giving up to much for that video. I also feel like now there is just one more thing that can go wrong.

I hear you. I cant say that I'm crazy about them. I mean the video is pretty **** clear but I feel like your giving up to much for that video. I also feel like now there is just one more thing that can go wrong.

The video is terrific, and well worth the experience, as for "one more thing that can go wrong", you're picking on the wrong accessory to worry about, if the goggles go bad, all you lose is the vision, you can plug in a tablet and continue to fly... now if anyone of a hundred other things go wrong with the drone or the controller, the drone crashes and you have a real issue... my advice is, just get the goggles and enjoy the view.

The video is terrific, and well worth the experience, as for "one more thing that can go wrong", you're picking on the wrong accessory to worry about, if the goggles go bad, all you lose is the vision, you can plug in a tablet and continue to fly... now if anyone of a hundred other things go wrong with the drone or the controller, the drone crashes and you have a real issue... my advice is, just get the goggles and enjoy the view.
Oh I have the goggles but like I said I now have issues. When using the goggles I can only go 100 feet in either direction up and 300 feet away. That's crazy. I go back to my tablet no problem. I spent 10 hours today trying to figure this out. Like I said The video is really clear though.

When using the goggles I can only go 100 feet in either direction up and 300 feet away.
You can lift that restriction by connecting your Phantom to DJI GO before hooking up the DJI Goggles. See more details in this video.

Oh I have the goggles but like I said I now have issues. When using the goggles I can only go 100 feet in either direction up and 300 feet away. That's crazy. I go back to my tablet no problem. I spent 10 hours today trying to figure this out. Like I said The video is really clear though.

As soon as I knew that the goggles were available, I got in my car and went to the authorized DJI store in San Francisco and slapped my credit card on the counter and purchased the goggles; I had the drone with me and they upgraded my firmware on both the goggles and controller and connected the goggles to my drone, so I never had an issue with the goggles working properly.... until I crashed the drone...

As soon as I knew that the goggles were available, I got in my car and went to the authorized DJI store in San Francisco and slapped my credit card on the counter and purchased the goggles; I had the drone with me and they upgraded my firmware on both the goggles and controller and connected the goggles to my drone, so I never had an issue with the goggles working properly.... until I crashed the drone...
**** brother That hurts. Well I watched a video and I was able to use the goggles but not in the way I thought. You have to go thru a process to get the restriction off. That needs to be addressed. You have to connect the tablet or phone first log into the app then disconnect the phone or tablet then connect the goggles. In any event I used the goggles today and the video I will say is amazing. I get to see plenty of detail now. I will do a youtube video with my review in the next couple of days.. Happy Fourth Brother.

**** brother That hurts. Well I watched a video and I was able to use the goggles but not in the way I thought. You have to go thru a process to get the restriction off. That needs to be addressed. You have to connect the tablet or phone first log into the app then disconnect the phone or tablet then connect the goggles. In any event I used the goggles today and the video I will say is amazing. I get to see plenty of detail now. I will do a youtube video with my review in the next couple of days.. Happy Fourth Brother.

Thank you my friend, I really would like to see your video

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl