Goggles, Phantom 4 Pro+, and head tracking

Reaction score
I have my goggles hooked up to my Phantom 4 Pro+ via micro USB cable. I get a video feed but headtracking / gimbal movement does not work. I've seen someone do this on YouTube so I'm assuming it is possible. I have the latest firmware. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Reactions: dronex123
I can't think off the moment but it can be done. I know litchi does when I put my cheapo £3 head goggles on and it works (but a bit slow) there should be a setting somewhere on the app

Did you enable head tracking in the DJI Goggles like this?

It does work and it works well on a P4P.. I just got a set of the Goggles today. Got everything set up. Gave head tracking a try and was very impressed. However I reached max distance and height and couldnt even climb over the tree's in the back yard. Yup you guessed it if you cant log into DJI your flight restricted. You can use HDMI but they turn in to a worthless monitor on your head for over $400. You cant use any of the features in HDMI Mode... Back they go !!!!

Yup you guessed it if you cant log into DJI your flight restricted.
Start up your Phantom with your mobile device connected to your remote controller and start DJI GO. Then, disconnect your mobile device from the remote controller and connect the DJI Goggles. It's an extra step, but it works.

Reactions: Racer38
Start up your Phantom with your mobile device connected to your remote controller and start DJI GO. Then, disconnect your mobile device from the remote controller and connect the DJI Goggles. It's an extra step, but it works.

Thanks that worked awesome, so I guess they arent going back lol. Just gave it a quick test and it worked fine, no restrictions. Too bad the DJI Support person I spoke to didnt have a clue about this little tid bit ..

Thanks again !!

does it work with the controller with screen or are there additional steps I'll need to take to add googles?
Yes, head tracking does work with the P4A+ and P4P+ remote controllers. Connect the DJI Goggles to the remote controller with the included USB cable and swipe down with two fingers on the right side of the DJI Goggles to enable the head tracking features.

Thank you, haven't received the p4p yet just doing a lot of research before hand, starting to work on 107 too, lots going on. Merry Christmas!!

Yes, head tracking does work with the P4A+ and P4P+ remote controllers. Connect the DJI Goggles to the remote controller with the included USB cable and swipe down with two fingers on the right side of the DJI Goggles to enable the head tracking features.

However you will be flight restricted on the P4 ... At least on my P4P I am since It cant log into to DJI it may be different on the P4P + .

However you will be flight restricted on the P4 ... At least on my P4P I am since It cant log into to DJI it may be different on the P4P + .
You must connect your Phantom to DJI GO before connecting the DJI Goggles. Otherwise, the height/distance will be restricted.

I have a dumb question, as I am thinking about getting the goggles (just got a coupon from DJI for $100 off!): using head tracking, turning left or right--does it affect the drone yaw or actually move the gimbal to the left or the right?

I have a dumb question, as I am thinking about getting the goggles (just got a coupon from DJI for $100 off!): using head tracking, turning left or right--does it affect the drone yaw or actually move the gimbal to the left or the right?
Gimble tracking just move camera drone ,head tracking also controls yaw etc in flight,2 separate settings,,Gimble tracking where you turn head and cam follows direction you look up down left and right,,,there's a pdf download manual 18 page on goggles if want to have read

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PJC5301

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20