Goggles / First person view

Reaction score
I need help! I fly a p4,I have been flying for about three years now. So I am not a newbe.
So here is my question. What should I get next ? I want to try some goggles or FPV glasses
but I can't decide what to get. I have read a lot on this form and I still can't make up my mine.
So what do I do ?? I am asking this question here because I can't think of any place better
then this form to do so. So any one with a P4 If you had to do it over,What would you do?
DJI goggles ??
Fat shark ?Glasses or goggles?
I am going to get something and the answers I get here will probably make up my mine.
So please give me your opinion.
THANK YOU

I see about 100% of racers using Fat Shark giggles and I've read some negitive comments on DJI goggles. I tried the cheap ones $12.00) from Amazon and they are passable with fair detail but I had to pull them off and use my glasses to see anything up close. I also had to remove them to FPV the drone as I was not real comfortable with not being able to see the drone while using the goggles. I have a new design ordered that uses the iPhone view by mirror in a see through arrangement to allow both. I'll post a review when I've tried them.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Depending on your budget, you can either go low or high brow. I looked that the VR style but wanted to be able to see the detail on my device so opted for a set of Fatshark V3 goggles and am more than happy with them. I initially tried the Spexman goggles but I couldn't get them to work with any sort of diopter arrangement.
With the goggle setup, you will probably also need to instal a HDMI module at additional cost.

I wanted the mini IMAX so I got headplays, they are super immersive, they may look goofy but they are light, HD and the telemetry is easy to read. I liked them so much I just got another set for my wife to share the flight with, now she can really tell me where to go.

I wanted the mini IMAX so I got headplays, they are super immersive, they may look goofy but they are light, HD and the telemetry is easy to read. I liked them so much I just got another set for my wife to share the flight with, now she can really tell me where to go.
I also liked the Headplays but given the size I went small. My flying luggage is starting to look like Kim Kardashian on a shopping spree.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I use Litchi in VR mode, iphone6+, and the VR box for a iPhone ($12) it’s really cool and it has gimbal head tracking

I want to try some goggles or FPV glasses
but I can't decide what to get.
Do you have it narrowed down to a few? Or are there any you definitely don't want to buy?

I got a cheap plastic pair for about £6. Does the job but heavy on the nose and to be honest I felt a bit motion sick so I stopped using them lol

I also liked the Headplays but given the size I went small. My flying luggage is starting to look like Kim Kardashian on a shopping spree.
They are big and now that I have a second pair I will need another case, that makes it 3 cases, not a get on a plane situation. For what I do cases are ok, wife has a SUV I have a pickup and in the summer a motorhome. If size is a concern get Fatsharks.

msinger
I don't have it narrow down at all.I just wanted everyone on this forum
opinion. Then I am going to make up my mine. I don't mine spending
some money on this.I just want something that will work good on my p4

Can you tell us a little bit more about your needs? For example:
  • Do you want something that is compact and easy to transport?
  • Do you wear reading glasses?
  • Is it important to be able to easily remove them and/or look around them to see your drone and/or tablet running DJI GO?

I use iPhone 7 with Vr box, and litchi app. It works great for little money, might be worth trying this to see how you get on then upgrade if you want. I'm thinking of getting the dji goggles.

Msinger I don’t we’re glasses,easy transport
Not that important.easy remove? I am just
Looking for something that works good with
My p4 that I won’t sorry I bought.

Msinger I don’t we’re glasses,easy transport
Not that important.easy remove? I am just
Looking for something that works good with
My p4 that I won’t sorry I bought.

I am just looking for something new
Be it FPV or sky crystal I want to buy myself a birthday present

Looking for something that works good with My p4 that I won’t sorry I bought.
This is a tough quest when it comes to FPV goggles. They all have pros and cons. None are perfect.

For portability and picture quality, I like the Avegant Glyph headset. The cons for this one are they completely cover your ears and the included nose pieces might not fit your nose perfectly (this isn't an issue for everyone).

If you want to trade portability for a more immersive view, then consider the DJI Goggles, HeadPlay SE, or Skyzone SJ-V01.

I have a list of some other commonly used FPV goggles/glasses here.

msinger Thank you for all your help. I would like to ask you one more
thing. What do you think of the fat shark ?

I own the Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles. The picture inside the goggles is pretty small (close to holding up an iPhone about a foot away from your face). Some people might like that though since it doesn't require looking around to see the entire screen. They are very compact and portable too.

I try a pair of fat sharks on today. They were very comfortable. So
I did order a pair today. Hope I made the right decision.

Reactions: Javier Ruiz O

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl