{God is Good, all the time}"follow me" is garbage! (dji is not garbage)

I like peroxide. Healed some stuff I figured was gonna take an e.r. visit to fix...lol

Hi Roman,
I hate to feel as you do now, as in being "on trial", so I feel pretty disgusted with myself, so I apologise that I've contributed to this. Let's hope the flight info helps in getting to the bottom of the incident.
its all good man i forgive you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Numone
Extract the files from inside the zip folder, and then select the most recent flight log(s) to upload.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i was in "p" mode then landed and then switched to "f" mode then the copter started raise right into a power line it then flipped upside down full throttle into the ground, after i could not shut down the motors via the rc i had to grab it and pull the battery to kill it while doing so it had so much thrust as if it was on steroids it almost flew out of my hand that's how my arm got chewed up... what do you want from me? read the post.

Any reason why you fly close to a power line.

Sorry, I've been away down the pub. Just catching up now.

Healthy Drones information is severely limited and for real crash analysis is about as useful as balls on a bishop.

The process for extracting .DAT files has been posted on here now by three different people, all willing to help - me included.

I now see that you have sent the phantom back to DJI. Without having the aircraft, you can't get the files out as they are on an SD card which is permanently attached to the unit.

So basically, you now have no chance of understanding exactly what happened.

This has been going on for a few days now, and despite many offers of help, you still didn't go through the process to post the .DAT files.

Therefore, I regret to say, I no longer think that you want the analysis being so kindly offered by volunteers on here, and therefore conclude that there's something to hide.

My analysis is this. You crashed it due to inexperience. You blamed DJI for providing you with faulty equipment, because that's easy and you get away Scot free.

You were offered assistance which you chose to refuse, citing a pregnant wife / partner but you still remained in here posting plenty.

The aircraft cannot now be interrogated and the window of opportunity is lost.

So I'm afraid, you're going to have to add me to the list of doubters, or trolls as you would put it.

Sorry.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Hi Guys, Newbie here and I've just read this whole thread through as I had a squeeky bum moment when trying Follow Me mode for the first time last weekend. Apologies for hijacking this thread but I went up to 50ft activated Follow Me and it all seemed ok. I then started to walk forwards towards the drone expecting it to move away from me when it sped off overhead. I panicked so quickly switched it out of F mode. Thinking about it now as I type, it may have just been going behind me and then in position to actually follow me....I suppose?

However, when I looked at the log on Healthy Drones is says:
A 00m 00s 0.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
B 00m 01s 0.0 ft 0 ft Tip Taking off
C 00m 02s 0.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
D 00m 02s 0.0 ft 0 ft Tip Return-to-Home Altitude:30M
E 00m 04s 3.0 ft 2 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
F 01m 16s 49.9 ft 48 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
G 01m 17s 49.9 ft 48 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
H 01m 27s 49.5 ft 49 ft Tip Enter Follow Me mode.__Exit F-Mode to end Intelligent Navigation Modes.
I 01m 27s 49.5 ft 49 ft Mode Mode changed to 25
J 01m 41s 47.2 ft 42 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
K 01m 41s 47.2 ft 44 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
L 01m 42s 47.2 ft 58 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
M 01m 43s 47.2 ft 71 ft Warning Flight Mode Set to Attitude__Set Flight Mode to GPS to fly safe
N 01m 44s 48.2 ft 76 ft Warning Flight Mode Set to Attitude__Set Flight Mode to GPS to fly safe
O 01m 53s 47.2 ft 92 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti

What is Mode changed to 25 mean as this is the point it sped off at what appeared full speed?

Hi Guys, Newbie here and I've just read this whole thread through as I had a squeeky bum moment when trying Follow Me mode for the first time last weekend. Apologies for hijacking this thread but I went up to 50ft activated Follow Me and it all seemed ok. I then started to walk forwards towards the drone expecting it to move away from me when it sped off overhead. I panicked so quickly switched it out of F mode. Thinking about it now as I type, it may have just been going behind me and then in position to actually follow me....I suppose?

H 01m 27s 49.5 ft 49 ft Tip Enter Follow Me mode.__Exit F-Mode to end Intelligent Navigation Modes.
M 01m 43s 47.2 ft 71 ft Warning Flight Mode Set to Attitude__Set Flight Mode to GPS to fly safe
N 01m 44s 48.2 ft 76 ft Warning Flight Mode Set to Attitude__Set Flight Mode to GPS to fly safe

What is Mode changed to 25 mean as this is the point it sped off at what appeared full speed?
25 is FollowMe mode. From your description it seems you had the same type of incident that has been happening a lot lately. Take a look at Follow Me Erratic Behaviour and
Testing Follow me-mode, fly away and crash :(

If you want to do the same type of analysis you'll have to retrieve the .DAT file off the P3. Look here to see how to do that. Then you''ll need to Dropbox the .DAT so that one of us can take a look.

Thank you Bud. I've just read the first thread you quoted and it seems very similar. The 2nd thread I'd read prior to my issue and it was good job I did because I took the advice people suggested of switching out of F mode and in to Atti. Otherwise I'd have panicked and tried to fly it back or press the RTH which appears to not work according to the first thread.

I've uploaded the logs to a dropbox and I will PM you the link. I didn't realise they were so big, hence the delay in replying, and they may take a while to upload to dropbox. Do they contain video data?

New Pilot myself, but can you not expect EM from powerlines? Would this not create a situation where the drone can malfunction?
I often fly "close" to high-tension power lines (actually the poles/towers - with the gimbal straight-ahead) which seem to be everywhere I want to fly to determine approximately how high they are, so I can be sure to keep above that and verify the RTH height.

Have never had any issues with signal interference.

Flying near radio or TV towers, that is a different story...

Reactions: Zeprider
I often fly "close" to high-tension power lines (actually the poles/towers - with the gimbal straight-ahead) which seem to be everywhere I want to fly to determine approximately how high they are, so I can be sure to keep above that and verify the RTH height.

Have never had any issues with signal interference.

Flying near radio or TV towers, that is a different story...
Cell towers? What's the scoop there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

My first thought is that when you walked forwards towards the drone, your antenna were no longer oriented correctly so you lost control signal and the Phantom tried to go home. I don't see a RTH indication in the log however, so perhaps you are correct. It's called Folow Me, so it would make sense that it wouldn't move away from you as you walked towards it. Maybe as you said it was trying to move behind you so it could again follow you. I very rarely bother with Follow Me, so I could easily be completely wrong, but your guess sounds plausible to me.

Are you capable of analysing the .dat file? Its a serious question- I'm not sure if i could (have never tried). I havent extracted a .dat file either. That doesnt mean i shouldnt be flying a phantom i wouldnt think.

I suspect your 50ft claim is irrelevant with respect to a difinitive demonstration if fault in this instance also.

I've analyzed the dat file through Healthy Drones. Not hard at all.

The 50ft claim was just to show possibly how low he was when he started Follow Me mode, it will clear you of many trees, poles, etc., but as pointed out before, the safe altitude should be more than 100ft.

By the OPs previous comments, sounds like he barely met the 30ft Follow Me mode threshold when he turned it up. At that distance, the drone went into follow me mode and met an utility pole on the way. Had he started this process at a safe altitude (100ft +) the pole would have never met his drone.

He just claims his drone "went crazy", which needs more explanation if I'm supposed to feel sorry or believe that there might be a bug with the system, which could 100% true, but the OP has failed to show it.

In my opinion, if you don't have a clue how zip files work, you shouldn't be messing with a DJI. Ive seen it first hand.

The OP blames DJI for his accident but if you are going to put blame on a third party then you should be able to back it up.

Anyway, i wish the op a quick recovery and hope we all learn something from this thread [emoji24][emoji23].

In my opinion, if you don't have a clue how zip files work, you shouldn't be messing with a DJI.

that's like saying "if you don't know how to work the ac in your car you shouldn't be driving" ghetto dude

Reactions: pomonabill220

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl