Go Pro and H3-3D to Vision + = FPV?

Reaction score
I've tried to google but couldn't find any straight-on answers.

I have a Phantom 2 Vision +. Love it, but would be nice with a little bit better camera (GoPro...) :)

If I upgrade it to a Zenmuse H3-3D and a GoPro, will I get the FPV/Videofeed to my smartphone in the same way as with the original camera?
Will I be able to tilt it?
Still get Speed, Height and distance?

/Jocce

absolutely not. The Vision and non-Vision (for use with gimbal+gopro) are fundamentally different:
The VISION models have their RC operate on 5.8Ghz frequencies, which is why they can use a wifi signal in the 2.4Ghz range to transmit the FPV back to an app via wifi

NON-Vision models RC operates on 2.4Ghz frequency range and as such you can NOT use wifi which is in the same frequency range. That's why pretty much everyone puts 5.8Ghz FPV on a non-Vision P2. It does NOT happen via wifi, we have an actual 5.8Ghz transmitter we put on the Phantom, and most people get a display with a 5.8Ghz receiver built in (check out the Boscam RX-LCD5802 for example).

Vision models are for people who want an out of the box, no tinkering product but indeed the overall quality (camera, FPV) is inferior... wifi = much shorter range FPV. they're slightly cheaper in the end
non-Vision models ultimately can get better video (with the gopro) and have much longer range FPV but it costs a bit more than a Vision. as of this post, retail price on a P2+H3-3D is about 829, and then you need another 400-450 in FPV equipment, but that will yield you FPV performance that exceeds the normal operational distance of the Phantom itself

I've seen stories of people asking and it never works out trying to convert a Vision to a gimbal+gopro. honestly you're better off just selling the Vision intact and starting over with a Phantom2 that was designed for the gimbal+gopro.

I just ordered this, which should arrive in 2 to 3 weeks:

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

According to the web site (and Facebook posts), it will allow me to swap my Phantom 2 Vision+ camera/gimbal for a GoPro/HD-3D gimbal, and back. When the Vision+ camera is attached, it should function just like it does not. When the GoPro camera is attached, I should be able to see the FPV feed in the DJI Vision app, and tilt the camera with the arrows in the app. It won't, unfortunately, let me start and stop video, or take photos, from the app. So if I want video, I have to start recording on the GoPro before takeoff.

The kit also includes the 7th channel tilt lever, which will let me tilt the cameras without taking my hands off the controls.

I will let you know how it goes.

InterMurph said:
I just ordered this, which should arrive in 2 to 3 weeks:

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

According to the web site (and Facebook posts), it will allow me to swap my Phantom 2 Vision+ camera/gimbal for a GoPro/HD-3D gimbal, and back. When the Vision+ camera is attached, it should function just like it does not. When the GoPro camera is attached, I should be able to see the FPV feed in the DJI Vision app, and tilt the camera with the arrows in the app. It won't, unfortunately, let me start and stop video, or take photos, from the app. So if I want video, I have to start recording on the GoPro before takeoff.

The kit also includes the 7th channel tilt lever, which will let me tilt the cameras without taking my hands off the controls.

I will let you know how it goes.

Oh, so they finally released this!

Looking forward to hearing from you how it works!

/Jocce

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl