Go App Problems (Android)

Reaction score
I am so frustrated right now....

I've been flying my P3 Pro for six months or so. I was using a Verizon Ellipsis Android tablet and it was working fine.

I updated the OS on the tablet in early December 15 and the GO APP was gone. I was unable to install from the Play Store ("Your device isn't compatible with this version" message) or manually ("App not installed" error) - I tried all the tips I could find. Nothing worked. DJI advised that I get a device that was on their "recommended" list.

Today, I walk in with a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S (which is on the "recommended" list. I start it, do the minimal setup and go straight to the Play Store for DJI GO. Guess what?? Yep - "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

I am so pissed.

Add to that, I can no longer find a manual download of the GO apk file on the DJI website (to try that workaround).

Yes, the new Tab S is Android 5.0.2. The GO app works on my Galaxy S5 phone which is Android 5.0 (but a tiny screen so unacceptable).

Does anyone have the secret to make this work??? I've searched and searched and would REALLY appreciate some useful tips.

Thanks so much!!

You can download the DJI GO APK from here.

I have a tab s...never any issues with go app except it crashed once looking at logs. Is your tablet rooted or something like that?

YAY!! It is working!! Thank you msinger!

No, this Tab S was LITERALLY right out of the box - not rooted or any apps installed or anything.

I downloaded and installed the apk that was linked above (appears this is for the Inspire 1???). The app started after install. I exited and immediately went to the Play Store. I then received a message that an additional download was necessary for my device to be recognized ("kies" or something - I have not researched this yet). I accepted, the Play Store opened and showed the DJI GO app as being installed. I uninstalled (from the Play Store) and then installed (from the Play Store). It is now installed and working.

Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!

Reactions: PJ Orlando

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers