gO aPP 2.6.1 WARNING!!

I now have the apk file and will downgrade it for him this morning, thank you all and special thank you to you know who you are ;)

Just a heads up in case anyone hasn't heard yet. It is being reported that now the new iOS app (2.7) also includes disabling third party batteries same as the Android app did when it was released last Monday.
I don't recommend using third party batteries, but I know that people do use them so keep this in mind.

New iOS upgrade- I upgraded the firmware on my p3a last night to the 2.7 firmware and got the message about non dji batteries. So, dji has slipped another surprise through. Maybe we get lucky and the battery manufacture people slap a major lawsuit on dji. They are losing untold millions in inventory and lost future sales.

but have to install their app first that spams, mailware and copies all your info.
looking for a trusted apk file but if not found he may have to try this and see if it will install like a normal apk and its a 2 part android zip file
No you don't. Just download the APK.

Looks like this will be a cat and mouse game with the 3rd party battery manufacturers.
Already they have made firmware changes to adjust for the Go App change.

Now it will be interesting to see if DJI can make the difference be detectable again.

Ink jet printer manufacturers have been firmwaring out non oem cartridge makers for years.

Well, if DJI has to warranty the Phantom, I can see their point of view that they should be able to control what goes into it (battery).

Those with off-brand batteries may not like that. But I understand it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie