Glare Issues on iPhone & iPad Screens-Looking for Ideas

Hello fellow PP friends, I finally received my professional P3, awesome performance so far. I am having the same glare issues when viewing monitor from video feed during the day, now I actually feel I am missing out on one of most significant advancements with the Light Bridge high def feed. I use both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air, both are very difficult to see during daylight hours. I am looking for any ideas on how I can mitigate this issue. I have a hood for my PV2+ that works "OK" at best. As always, any assistance on how to improve my viewing experience would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brad

My solution has been to use the Rogue Flashbender as I had one in my lighting kit - it fits perfect on the controller and covers most of the remote and iPad/iPhone. Only minus I can think of are that there is no side shields, however it's wide enough that it doesn't need these, and you can bend it. I fly in harsh light and have not had any problems.

Cheers,

Szymon

I fly with Bodyguardz pure -anti glare tempered glass screen protectors! LOVE THEM. They are almost crystal clear but reduce the mirror like glare. I just got my used ipad mini today in the mail and found it almost impossible to fly with. I switched back to my iphone 6+ and the difference was HIGHLY significant. I also have one for my old Ipad 3. I ordered the protector for my mini today as well. They're pricey but worth it. Also you get discounts as a repeat customer. Here is a link to the mini 2 and 3.
http://www.bodyguardz.com/screengua...en-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html be sure to get the anti glare version!!!

Same predicament. Looking for comparisons between results of using this Bodyguardz screen protector (strictly for glare reduction) vs. a Zagg product.

Glare solution update:

I have been using the Body Guardz anti glare screen and a generic sun screen with my iPad mini 3. This past weekend I was going to attempt my longest FPV flight to date..something in the order of 1200m.

Decided to turn around at 800m because I just had too much glare to feel safe flying.

I have ordered a hoodivision sun shield and hopefully that will provide additional relief.

The Body Guardz is a must have..I'm hoping that the hoodivision helps.

This will all be moot once my HDMI board arrives because I'll be using HD goggles.

:harry

I recommend getting an umbrella girl.

dsc_0913motogpcota2014.jpg

Best idea so far....

Hi Everyone...ran across this post. May be old but still an issue. Here is how I fixed the problem. Wife wouldn't go for the umbrella girls so I settled on this.

Chair Umbrella

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj