iPad Air or iPhone 7 Plus to Fly?

Reaction score
I am currently using the iPhone 7 Plus flying my P3. I primarily fly in the evenings and at night due to work and hot temps where I live. I have been craving a larger screen and have an iPad Air (1st Gen) laying around unused. My remote phone holder will allow for the iPad. So is anyone using this iPad? Any reason not to use it over the iPhone? Performance? Video issues? I know there might be screen visibility issues in bright daylight sun without a hood but would think the evening / night flying would be perfect for the larger screen and shouldn't affect it much.

Thanks for your input and thoughts.

I don't have a 7 Plus to compare it with, but I use an iPad Air (1st Gen) with a P3P and a P4, and apart from screen visibility in sunshine, it's a great choice.
I've also got an iPad Mini 2 cellular version, which I use if I want the Follow Me function or the ability to reset the Home Point, but my first choice would be the Air.

As you've already got it, the easy answer is to give it a go, and see for yourself :)

Last edited:
I have an iPad Air, and an iPhone 7 Plus. Normally i use my iPhone b/c it has a data connection and i don't have to fuss with caching maps or anything like that, but occasionally i will use my iPad, it adds more weight to the controller obviously, but if you have a good lanyard you should be okay.

I do seem to think the video is smoother in the iPhone as its got more memory and a faster processor, but you can definitely get by with the iPad air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.