GL300A Remote Controller help

Thanks for the reply quaddamage.

I did read the stuff on github, but am still not smart enough to figure out what is needed when, and how to extract the files.
That's why I wished for a package with step-by-step instruction and files, like with the gimbal top board.

I did read the stuff on github, but am still not smart enough to figure out what is needed when, and how to extract the files.

If you wish simpler instruction to exist, you will have to create it.

How to extract:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools.wiki.git
Then download firmware from links within suppoerted_firmwares.csv, and:
Code:
./dji_fwcon.py -vv -x -p C1_FW_V01.06.0020.bin
Then decrypt the module using commands from the m1300 wiki.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Guess I need to figure out how to run the git command, and how to run py scripts... Im on windows, and have absolutely no knowledge of Linux.

Thanks though. Hopefully some Linux wiz can make sense of this :)

Re link not resolve you issue.
GL300A have TI DaVinci chip and NW361 nand flash chip.
This issue same as P3P no signal issue.
You need flash u-boot and ubl1 to nw361 via ftdi.

I figured out how to flash u-boot and ubl1 but that didn't solve my issue.

I actually don't know if I did anything the right way. Controller still not showing any firmware.

I am almost certain this is fixable. If you connect the FTDI to PC and open terminal on the UART interface (ie. PuTTY), what do you see?

What you possibly can be seeing is:
- A stream of BOOTME messages - if pins are shorted to allow to write bootloader
- A few messages from U-boot, stopping at some point - if U-boot is still damaged
- Messages from U-boot, then start of a primary or secondary kernel - if it comes to starting kernel
- U-boot, then kernel, then command line - if the Linux is able to boot correctly (either to primary or secondary kernel)

I am almost certain this is fixable. If you connect the FTDI to PC and open terminal on the UART interface (ie. PuTTY), what do you see?

What you possibly can be seeing is:
- A stream of BOOTME messages - if pins are shorted to allow to write bootloader
- A few messages from U-boot, stopping at some point - if U-boot is still damaged
- Messages from U-boot, then start of a primary or secondary kernel - if it comes to starting kernel
- U-boot, then kernel, then command line - if the Linux is able to boot correctly (either to primary or secondary kernel)
I haven't used Putty yet but im going to try later on.

Quaddamage. Is it the same uboot and ubl1 files thats used for both the gimbal board and usb board?

It is very possible that the u-boot images from both gimbal and radio are interchangeable. After all this is the same chip, and works in the same HW configuration. But I doubt any other images (kernel or rootfs) can be switched - the chips are booted to do different (opposite) things on both sides.

But there is no need to mix the u-boot images - we can extract proper ones from any firmware version we want.

I didn't get a chance to try and flash the kernel since I didn't know about the Putty program.

Well I'm stuck. I have no idea how to flash the kernel without a step by step instructions.

Kool. I have the TTL board wired to GL300A USB board (separated from the controller). Now I don't know if I have the right u-boot and ubl1 files. I was able to get to the BOOTME where it just constantly says BOOTME. Did it again where it goes through and stops and says operation completed successfully. That's where I'm stuck. Firmware still will not show in DJIGo app. I don't know if i'm missing a step or there is another step. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94