Gimbals and landing platform extenders

Reaction score
Just waiting for the weekend to maiden my Phantom. After reviewing this forum and others I was wondering if it is wise to purchase a gimbal protector and landing leg extenders. If these additions are worthwhile, can someone provide a reputable brand?

If you're not able to take off from a smooth surface, I think a landing pad would be a better investment. You could lay it down in the grass (for example) to create a more stable takeoff/landing area.

Camera/gimbal protectors are really only useful if the camera takes a hit from below when landing or crashing. For landing, that shouldn't be an issue if you land in a safe place. For crashing, the Phantom likely won't crash right on the camera.

If you're not able to take off from a smooth surface, I think a landing pad would be a better investment. You could lay it down in the grass (for example) to create a more stable takeoff/landing area.

Camera/gimbal protectors are really only useful if the camera takes a hit from below when landing or crashing. For landing, that shouldn't be an issue if you land in a safe place. For crashing, the Phantom likely won't crash right on the camera.

Thanks. I have never flown one of these before an noticed how close the camera is to the ground. I can't always be certain that the landing area will be smooth or without high (several inches) of grass. I don't care much if a prop breaks, but I'm really concerned about gimbal or camera damage.

For grass, I think a landing pad would be your best option.

3 to 5 feet would be ideal for most people.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl