Gimbal works but won't respond to control

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm sure this is another one of those "just flip the hidden switch" issues, but my zenmuse H3-2D works great with my Phantom 2, but I cannot control it. The lever on the bottom of the DJI controller is what I understand is supposed to control it, but 1) it has no resistance, and 2) it does nothing other than flop back and forth.

I have updated all the latest firmware, and set the Phantom 2 Assistant (1.08) so that it has the gimbal switch on, but my guess is that I'm overlooking something really simple.

Thanks for the help.

LeoS said:
Try the search ;)
Or the google search in my sig; it's easier to use than the default forum search.

Tried searching the forum. I guess finding the right search string is the problem. Tried searching form your signature also. The site won't let me use "too common" words like "gimbal."

I figured someone else asked, but I couldn't find it. That's why I posted fresh. If you know of this topic being covered, I'd love a link.

Thanks!

Thanks Leo.
Many of those posts I'd read. I searched more, but mainly found different issues.

My problem is that my Gimbal is seen by the Phantom 2, but is not seen by either the Zenmuse of the Phantom 2 Assistants.

I cannot calibrate the X1 lever on the back- nothing happens. When I start the Zenmuse assistant, it finds no relevent hardware, BUT the P2 tells the gimbal to straighten up and holds it there.

Found the problem:

Bad controller design!! The lever in the back is supposed to fit into a pot that controls the X1 via a long screw with a phillips-like shaft. When I adjusted the pot directly, the gimbal worked the way it should.

Looks like I get to see how well their warranty/customer service works.

D'oh! Who woulda thunk.
Well I'm sure you can think of something to make it work while you wait for DJI's support to help you (I heard they can take AWHILE, if at all). Might want to deal with it through the retailer you bought it from since it's still new, they can get ahold of DJI quicker.

LeoS said:
D'oh! Who woulda thunk.
Well I'm sure you can think of something to make it work while you wait for DJI's support to help you (I heard they can take AWHILE, if at all). Might want to deal with it through the retailer you bought it from since it's still new, they can get ahold of DJI quicker.
I will give DJI a chance, but won't waste a lot of time on it. They make it good today, or I go back through Amazon. I bought through Amazon Prime, so the return policy is pretty solid. I would much rather return the controller only, but that's not always possible.

At least now I have experience in putting it all together. ;)

As far as making it work, there's not a very good possibility. The pot is way inside the middle of the controller, and it is soldered to the pc board.

Thanks for your responses.

LeoS said:
D'oh! Who woulda thunk.
Wow, 54 minutes estimated hold time for DJI customer service. I think I may just ask the retailer for a replacement and let them work it out with DJI. Part of that may be because it is the Monday after a humiliating Superbowl loss, but it's a still a long time to wait.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl