Gimbal won't power up

Reaction score
Out of the blue seemingly, my gimbal won't respond. I have power all the way to the Gopro but like I said the gimbal isn't doing anything. The last thing I did yesterday was check all my firm wares and performed a IMU calibration. I've tried pulling the battery and unplugging the main gimbal ribbon cable and re-plugging everything. I haven't pulled the lid off yet and looked around there but I will in the near future. Any magic pill here?
JK

Out of the blue seemingly, my gimbal won't respond. I have power all the way to the Gopro but like I said the gimbal isn't doing anything. The last thing I did yesterday was check all my firm wares and performed a IMU calibration. I've tried pulling the battery and unplugging the main gimbal ribbon cable and re-plugging everything. I haven't pulled the lid off yet and looked around there but I will in the near future. Any magic pill here?
JK

Try a hard reset of the gimbal and here's a video.

Ok, last night I tried the hard reset and that didn't seem to help. This morning I pulled the top off and bypassed the anti-interference board and plugged the gimbal straight into its original slot, nothing there either. I found another YT video of a different hard reset and tried that this morning, notta.

In Phantom Assistant, should there be a gimbal/H3-D3 firmware listed. Its not on mine. I don't remember how I down loaded the firmware originally.

Another thing I noticed is that the front lights on the drone are not coming on, other than when I first power it up. I guess I'll go back to DJI's site and see if I can find anything on the H3-D3 firmware.
jk

Have you crashed the P2 into anything lately? Sounds to me that either the cable under the tilt motor is cut or the gray 8 pin cable that plugs into the gimbal is damaged. There is one other possibility and you are not getting power to pins 5 & 6 of the zenmuse socket which powers the gimbal and camera and you would need a VOM meter to check it for voltage.

2015-01-21_184122_zpsac023198.jpg

No, no crashes or hard landings at all. Jason, I saw the screen shot of your "update page" and mine isn't display the h3-3d line like yours. It seems like it use to.
H3-3D Charging gopro but won't start.

Don't bother showing me someone else video but more importantly one your own problem with the gimbal. If the red power LED on the camera or the LED on the gimbal plate by the tilt motor is not lit with the camera turned off when power is applied to the P2. Or you have either a break in the cabling or a total lack of power to the zenmuse sockets pin 5 & 6.

If the gimbal were active you would definitely see it listed on the upgrades page of the P2's software.

No, no crashes or hard landings at all. Jason, I saw the screen shot of your "update page" and mine isn't display the h3-3d line like yours. It seems like it use to.
H3-3D Charging gopro but won't start.

Here are some schematics that may help you.
Schematic_01.jpg
Schematic_02.jpg

Download the full PDF schematic of the main board.
Schematic - P330CB-H3-2D V2.pdf - Documents

You'll see this in in the hit download to the next box and confirm you're not a robot and it will allow you to download the full schematic
System is processing data
Please
download to view

Last edited:
Would the voltage on 5 and 6 be the full battery volts? 10.5-12 vdc. I did order a cable kit and a couple of GoPro ribbon cables today anyway. I could see where one of the 8 pin cables might be damaged. They are a really tight fit. A guy I work with has a P2 as well so we might try his 8 pin and see if that fixes mine. Thanks for the drawings.
jk

Would the voltage on 5 and 6 be the full battery volts? 10.5-12 vdc. I did order a cable kit and a couple of GoPro ribbon cables today anyway. I could see where one of the 8 pin cables might be damaged. They are a really tight fit. A guy I work with has a P2 as well so we might try his 8 pin and see if that fixes mine. Thanks for the drawings.
jk

Yes the gimbal gets 12 volts but I would assume the GP voltage is reduced either in camera or in the gimbals mounting plate for the camera.

Going to try plugging in my gimbal on my buddies P2 this weekend. The photos you sent Jason of the actual plug must have been at 10,000X zoom. lol Once I found the zenmuse plug and unplugged it to check for voltage, OMG them pins are itty bitty. My eyes aren't good enough for that small ****. As always I do appreciate the help. Pulled the zenmuse off for closer inspection and nothing is obvious as usual. Flew the P2 with just the transmitter showing flight data. Sure beats the heck out of flying blind. I'll let you know what I find this weekend.
jk

Woohoo!!! problem resolved by resetting the zenmuse again. I think the first time I failed to update the firmware and activate the zenmuse.
JK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl