Gimbal won't move

Reaction score
My camera still works and even records, but the gimbal suddenly stopped working. Suggestions?

What exactly doesn't seem to be working as expected?

Did anything notable happen between now and the last time it worked?

Reactions: Kkingsfield
When the unit powers up, the camera turns on but the gimbal will not move with the remote control. There was nothing sudden. I flew it in the morning then charged ybe battery. Went to fly that afternoon and the camera wouldn't move

What happens if you attempt a gimbal calibration from the DJI go app?
I just tried that again. It goes through the calibration process and after it gets to 100%, it says calibration complete. The camera still won't move. It's pointing 30 degrees up

What does the camera do when you power on your Phantom?

Does the camera try to stabilize itself when you pick up the Phantom and move it around?

Try calibrating the IMU in DJI GO like this:

Are you running the current Phantom firmware? If not, try upgrading the firmware. If you are, then try reinstalling the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Everything i read indicates that there is a "linking button" on the side of the aircraft that I should push to link the remote. There is no button. There is an indicator light that flashes red, but there is no button for me to press.

Ok. Fire put out. The RC is connected to the drone again after all the firmware changes. I am back to the original problem though. The camera turns on but the gimbal will not function. It still goes through the motions when i power it up then the camera locks in pointing up. No response to the rc

So I sent it back to DJI and it turns out that the main camera board was out. They are replacing it under warranty. Woohoo

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl