Gimbal wobble horizontally after crash

Reaction score
Hi!.. I crashed my phantom 4 a while ago. I had to replace the whole shell, the yaw arm and it now flies properly except for the fact that the gimbal has a horizontal wobble.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Were the vibration absorbers still installed on the gimbal? looks like one or more of them are lose or missing. (see the black bands in the picture below)
dji-p4p-063-big002.jpg

phantom-4-vibration-absorbers-set-part-32-cp-pt-000367-dji-aa1.jpg

Were the vibration absorbers still installed on the gimbal? looks like one or more of them are lose or missing. (see the black bands in the picture below)
dji-p4p-063-big002.jpg

phantom-4-vibration-absorbers-set-part-32-cp-pt-000367-dji-aa1.jpg
Thanks for the response. Yes, the absorbers are in place, it looks more like a motor issue to me but I'm not sure..

Thanks for the response. Yes, the absorbers are in place, it looks more like a motor issue to me but I'm not sure..
That very well could be, are the ribbon cables ok and firmly seated? The yaw motor may not be getting power.

That very well could be, are the ribbon cables ok and firmly seated? The yaw motor may not be getting power.
After reassembly they seemed ok. When the aircraft is on that motor gets very hot.. Do you think I should replace it? Do you by any chance know where I could get a replacement?

If you are going to replace the yaw motor be sure to reuse the motor casing off the old motor. It has magnets matched to the yaw sensor. I put up a video that tells why and how.

If you are going to replace the yaw motor be sure to reuse the motor casing off the old motor. It has magnets matched to the yaw sensor. I put up a video that tells why and how.
Thank you, I sure will.

FYI update.
This camera is a used one I purchased to put on the drone you sold me off of eBay. The previous owner was having yaw problems as well and installed a new yaw motor. He also sent me the old motor with the housing already removed which makes me think he already swapped them as shown in your video. I just sent an eBay message to him asking about this.
Do you have any close-up pics of the damage done to the motor demonstrated in the video you posted? I'm not seeing any damage to the motor he sent me except for what appears to be tool marks from when he removed the housing. Other than that I see no damage to the camera, cables or housing. Nothing is bent and everything moves freely.

I honestly appreciate your help and advice. I have been a long-time tinkerer myself, but this is the first drone that I have owned.

Mike

20171027_150455.jpg

It could be that the motor he bought was used and also damaged. Even when they say "new" they may not be. They take them from crashed drones. Everyone has to be checked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.