Gimbal Wires ripped out of connector plug in P3S

Reaction score
My P3S crashed into a tree and the connector board got disconnected. The grey and black single wires I know can be re-attached but im not sure about the set that should go in the connector plug
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-15 at 11.34.05 AM.jpeg

Is it possible to push that set of grey wires back in? because when i do try they are very slack and just jump out again.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-15 at 11.34.05 AM (1).jpeg

On each of the connectors attached to the wires you will find a small latch tab that has to be pulled up a bit so it can lock into the connector body. A small pick or needle can be used to gently lift them a bit. If they are bent backwards or broken off, a new connector socket has to be crimped onto the wire.

If you are not getting telemetry, it's your grey and black wires. Cheap fix. If it is your ribbon cable, you will have no power to the gimbal and camera. It is also a cheap fix. There should be 12 volts on 4 of the 8 wires. The others are ground. Good luck.

Reactions: mtntrogger
My P3S crashed into a tree and the connector board got disconnected. The grey and black single wires I know can be re-attached but im not sure about the set that should go in the connector plug
View attachment 121648

Is it possible to push that set of grey wires back in? because when i do try they are very slack and just jump out again.

View attachment 121650
Just remember the white wire is power. Bwahahahahahaha!

Sorry...couldn't resist. Are there no color codes on those wires??? Not even a stripe?

D

If you are not getting telemetry, it's your grey and black wires. Cheap fix. If it is your ribbon cable, you will have no power to the gimbal and camera. It is also a cheap fix. There should be 12 volts on 4 of the 8 wires. The others are ground. Good luck.
does it matter the order in which i put them in??

On each of the connectors attached to the wires you will find a small latch tab that has to be pulled up a bit so it can lock into the connector body. A small pick or needle can be used to gently lift them a bit. If they are bent backwards or broken off, a new connector socket has to be crimped onto the wire.
is it the plastic plug you are referring to as the connector body?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic