Gimbal "twitching" problem

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this. Just got my first drone in the mail: a Phantom 4.

Immediately when I set it up I noticed the gimbal was twitching/jerking back and forth left to right, and I was getting a message about gimbal motor overload. I have tried the following so far:

I checked the gimbal very carefully to see if any packaging was still around it. I couldn't find anything.

I used the DJI Go app to auto calibrate the gimbal, multiple times. The first time it calibrated successfully but the twitching was still happnening. I tried calibrating again, but this time the calibration froze at 52% it stayed like that for 10 minutes so I shut it off and retried. Now the calibration is only going to 5% and then it will freeze just like the second time.

Unfortunately I purchased this drone used "Like new" it was said that it had never even been flown. I'm worried that it may be defective hardware. What do you guys think? Has anyone had this problem?

send it back in

Are you sure you check the gimbal packing, it has two. The large plastic one then the small rubber one that fits high on the shaft.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi all, new to this. Just got my first drone in the mail: a Phantom 4.

Immediately when I set it up I noticed the gimbal was twitching/jerking back and forth left to right, and I was getting a message about gimbal motor overload. I have tried the following so far:

I checked the gimbal very carefully to see if any packaging was still around it. I couldn't find anything.

I used the DJI Go app to auto calibrate the gimbal, multiple times. The first time it calibrated successfully but the twitching was still happnening. I tried calibrating again, but this time the calibration froze at 52% it stayed like that for 10 minutes so I shut it off and retried. Now the calibration is only going to 5% and then it will freeze just like the second time.

Unfortunately I purchased this drone used "Like new" it was said that it had never even been flown. I'm worried that it may be defective hardware. What do you guys think? Has anyone had this problem?
I've been encountering similar issues with my new P4...

...What was the outcome of this? Cheers

I had the exact same issue with mine I bought last Saturday. I spent an hour on the phone with DJI tech support and they advised to send it in for repair or exchange it from the place I purchased. I exchanged it and the new drone is working perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav