Gimbal tilt stopped working & remote broke 13th flight...

Reaction score
Rough 2 days for the Phantom 3 - First a landing not a crash in a sandy area kicked up more sand then expected and got the motors seized - after taking it apart and cleaning (not a fun task) it flew fine but now the gimbal stopped working. No sand that I can see in the mechanism through a magnifying glass. Is the tilt something I should be lubricating?

If it wasn't bad enough, I opened up my hard backpack today which was supposedly custom made for the phantom 3 and found my left antenna mount broken. Not really certain how it broke as I haven been really gentle with this machine since I got it 5 days ago.

Any thoughts on repairing either ? The gimbal works when I activate the tilt and physically "assist" it to move - feels very gritty and the gimbal gets very hot.

The remote under all that plastic seems to be some really cheap styrofoam so I don't think that it's going to be fixable. :-(

Rough 2 days for the Phantom 3 - First a landing not a crash in a sandy area kicked up more sand then expected and got the motors seized - after taking it apart and cleaning (not a fun task) it flew fine but now the gimbal stopped working. No sand that I can see in the mechanism through a magnifying glass. Is the tilt something I should be lubricating?

If it wasn't bad enough, I opened up my hard backpack today which was supposedly custom made for the phantom 3 and found my left antenna mount broken. Not really certain how it broke as I haven been really gentle with this machine since I got it 5 days ago.

Any thoughts on repairing either ? The gimbal works when I activate the tilt and physically "assist" it to move - feels very gritty and the gimbal gets very hot.

The remote under all that plastic seems to be some really cheap styrofoam so I don't think that it's going to be fixable. :-(
Gimbal would need to be disassembled by someone with proper tools, then cleaned. Irt the broken antenna, tough to say without a picture but might be worth it to buy a replacement .

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

you might try compressed air and see if you can blow the sand out of the gimbal - if it has a gritty feeling then you likely have sand you can't see. What I don't know is if that part is greased and therefore will hold onto the sand.

Gimbal would need to be disassembled by someone with proper tools, then cleaned. Irt the broken antenna, tough to say without a picture but might be worth it to buy a replacement .

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks @bbfpv & @Buckaye I tried the compressed air, but will most likely have to find a repair shop. Not easy where I live :) Cheers !

Were you able to get this fixed? I have a gimbal with a broken Yaw arm so I am looking into buying a broken one to just take the Yaw arm off if you did not get it fixed let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20