Gimbal stopped working during flight!!

Reaction score
My Phantom’s 4 gimbal stopped working and “hanging” during flight!! I had to land the drone first and reboot to work again!! This is the second time it happened. Has anyone met such a problem??

Yup.screen went grey.when came back on I was looking at a landing leg.
Hit C1 button for straight down shot and back again.was good to go.all while in flight.But its done it about 3 times in a week.
Current firmware and current Go4 all on P4 std

No. Everything was working. I had video on screen but phantom’s camera was hanging because the gimbal was “dead”!! So, I had to RTH. The first time I thought that my drone was falling down!!!

This has happened to me around 6 times in since I got my P4 (18 months) First time it happened I though I was going down, Land then a restart it resets and I am good till the next time (can be weeks or months). There seems to be no specific reason for this as it happens in different types of flight situations. The P4 still flys the same in this WTF situation.

Exactly! And it’s a problem that happens randomly! This way a technician can’t find the cause of the problem easy.

is there any blinking led at the relinking button of the gimbal near sd card slot? If there is, the flex cable must broken or damage

Had this happen too. Once so far in 12 months of owning a P4. Was some shock. Thought it was going down too!

Landed, recycled the controller & P4 and everything has been fine since.

Weird.

Has happened to me twice in the last 14 or so months, I did read that it was related to a battery issue or similar. Didn't make sense and hasn't occurred since the last FW upgrade.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
My Phantom’s 4 gimbal stopped working and “hanging” during flight!! I had to land the drone first and reboot to work again!! This is the second time it happened. Has anyone met such a problem??

Yup.. had this once last week when I switched from Normal mode into Tripod mode (for the first time!) camera just ended up pointing and wiggling at the left prop light - nothing I could do. Landed the P4, reboot, all ok after that. Was a able to continue fine until exhausting 2 batteries.

I’m like tevek, before last fw update the dreaded limp gimbal struck my p4 5-6 between May 18 and the last fw update on 7-6-17. After updating it hasn’t happened since. It’s scary and u think ur doomed at the time but a restart cured the ills.

I second this, as I 've had this a couple of times with my P4 both before and after the July 17 firmware update. Just land it VLOS or RTH, catch your breath, restart everything and you'll be okay, but scratching your head thinking WTF.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj