Gimbal Questions

Reaction score
Hello all and Happy Holidays!

I've been lurking on the site for weeks, but this is my first post as I just received my phantom 2 v2.0 today.

So far all is well. I had a brush with a tree on my maiden voyage that caused the unit to land upside down, but dirt seems to be the only damage. However, before that even happened, I noticed my gimbal (h3-d3) doesn't point straight forward when powering up like in all the videos I've seen. In now points at about 45 degrees down. Is this normal withe new firmware?

Also, it has a constant whirring noise when powered on. Not terribly loud, but just constant. Also want to make sure this is normal.

Thanks so much for everyone that posts on this site regularly. It helped me immensely when looking at FPV options.

Cheers!

Scorpio

Have you played with the lever on the back of the controller? It sounds like you just moved the lever and set a new camera position?

Mine is the new tx with the dial. I can get full range in flight but on startup it locks at an angle instead of going forward like the norm seems to be. . I've tried calibrating etc. just wondering why and worried about the noise. thanks!

Reoscorpio said:
Mine is the new tx with the dial. I can get full range in flight but on startup it locks at an angle instead of going forward like the norm seems to be. . I've tried calibrating etc. just wondering why and worried about the noise. thanks!

Ah ok sorry... I have the lever... So mine always goes to the lever position on start up. Good luck!

Buckaye said:
Reoscorpio said:

Ah ok sorry... I have the lever... So mine always goes to the lever position on start up. Good luck!

Thanks!

try in the system assistance under advance and look at gimbal and play with the limits

Tried that as well ;) think I've explored most of the software options, including a reset of the gimbal. Seems like it is not an issue others are having. That combined with the noise may mean I need to look at a return

I can't help you with this problem. But, I want to say: Welcome to the forum!

Lol thank you! I'll try to get it sorted out. Looking through endless forums and videos now to check on noise/whirring and pitch.

Here is a video of what I'm talking about. Put a message out to the place my wife bought it from, CopterShop.com. We will see...

http://youtu.be/-UxjXeTOBgA

Please excuse the poor cinematography and late start of the tx.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl