Gimbal Power Wire

Reaction score
Anyone figure out which power wire coming out of Phantom 2 Plus Vision to cut power to gimbal but keep camera working? I'm thinking of making gimbal motors stationary & just use camera with phone app

Someone is going to jump out and punk me....

You cut power to the gimbal, it and the camera will just flop around and be unusable.

I know it will be loose but it can be locked then without motors using power & getting hot

I had taken gimbal & camera off & tried my GoPro , just taped it on , stable enough for me Just want to have stats & live video

DJI don't make the schematic available but there are only 3 grey cables going to the gimbal.
It can't take much experimenting to work it out.

BIGDOGZ said:
Anyone figure out which power wire coming out of Phantom 2 Plus Vision to cut power to gimbal but keep camera working? I'm thinking of making gimbal motors stationary & just use camera with phone app

You don't need to cut the power wire to stop the gimbal working. Just select FPV mode in the "settings" of the DJI app and that will imobilise the gimbal and keep the camera working as normal.

itchybeard said:
BIGDOGZ said:

You don't need to cut the power wire to stop the gimbal working. Just select FPV mode in the "settings" of the DJI app and that will imobilise the gimbal and keep the camera working as normal.

Actually it locks just the roll axis. The pitch and heading axes are still functional. I think.

if you disconnect the smallest connector that is plugged into the top of the gimgal mounting plate that should... oh darn my brain. its the connector that is a right angle to the other 2 and this one clips in so you have to press the clip and it doesnt just pull out of the other two. ok, that one contols tilt and cant remember..but you want to fly with the camera holder in place, correct?

hi, just curious what you've decided. Did you fly with the clamps on? Or did you find the correct wire to cut the gimbal, but not the wifi + camera?
I have the same situation, bad landing after 1meter drop and now a neurotic gimbal, making the phantom mostly useless.

As I was trying to say above, when I disconnect the smallest connector, the only one that clips in as it as a right angle to the front, that one controls motors on mine.

Taking the gimbal off and on is a *****. The two connectors in the front pull out easy and it is difficult to get the dampining balls in when you have the plastic pin in the hole (the back one is tough). but the one little connector that I am refering to above is the one that breaks if you crash because it is clipped in, but that also works to our advantage as it is the only one I an get off and back on without dropping the gimbal dampining plate to access the two front cables.

I have not tested this for this purpose but if that cable is not connected I am unable to pitch the camera. It might still be trying to hold an axis level, and this would need to be determined so motors do work out. The middle connector, the biggest one, powers the unit at a minimun. If it is not plugged in nothing works. the one on the right (as you face the unit) that one is still a mystery to me..probably a bunch of techies do have a complete run down on this, but there is a value to this knowledge at this point. good luck, what you want to do is possible.

I unhooked all three wire connectors one at a time , with the right side one (right angle to other 2) camera still flops around same goes for the other side, the one next to the right angle one (middle one) shuts off all power???

Anyone figure out which wire to cut to depower gimbal motors but keep camera & tele status working??

Why are people cutting wires or uplugging anything. It only costs $185 to get a ribbon cable and the Gimbal repaired. I had mine done and couldnt be happier.

There must be some wizard out there that can test wires to see which wire cuts power to the gimbal but leaves camera power on ???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl