Gimbal pitch issue

Reaction score
Hi all. Need some input from the group.
Had a incident where my P3P gimbal took significant impact. Was testing out the new waypoints feature on the go app and didnt understand the functionality in its entirety. Needless to say I do now.

The camera came off of the "pin" or axis point, and was hanging by the ribbon. It was reattached and all seemed fine. Everything was normal after several tests at close range where details could be observed and inspected mid-flight.
I powered the unit down and packed it away with a sigh of relief.
Now when the unit is powered up, the camera is tilted about 30 degrees (photo attached). If I calibrate the gimbal it rights itself.... almost. If I calibrate a second time, it will finally go to the correct position. It holds calibration until it is powered off. Then, the entire proceeds must be repeated.
IMU has been calibrated.
Is there a way to reprogram "level" permanently so I don't have to recalibrate the gimbal two times in the field between batteries?

fc05e357d3229be9caf04ce394afca4c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

According to the picture, your camera is not level with horizon, which is Roll, not pitch.
If this is correct (that it's not level with horizon) I'd bet that it is needing an adjustment to the pot directly behind the camera.
Take the little cover off of the back of the roll motor, and hold the camera level. There is a flat spot on the shaft (viewed from behind the roll motor) that should also be level.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31