Gimbal not reacting- App says I should remove gimbal-protector

Reaction score
Hello out there.
When I Switch on the Phantom the lights Flash yellow and the gimbal beeps. It does not react. When connected to the app it streams the Picture but it says that the gimbal protector should be removed, even though it already has been. It also doesnt seem to get a GPS Signal. What can I do?

So I now managed to get a GPS Signal and the yellow flashing lights turned into permanent green which is a good sign I guess. The gimbal Problem however remains, it still asks me to remove the gimbal stabilizer and there is no reaction from the gimbal, its just hanging loose when the device is switched on and everything else is ready.

are you setting on a hard, flat surface (not grass, with lumps, etc)?

Sorry guys but I have a question? I have a phantom 2 and I am having problems with my gimble. It will not point straight ahead. It points slightly down and shakes !!! Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I now managed to get a GPS Signal and the yellow flashing lights turned into permanent green which is a good sign I guess. The gimbal Problem however remains, it still asks me to remove the gimbal stabilizer and there is no reaction from the gimbal, its just hanging loose when the device is switched on and everything else is ready.

I Am experiencing the exact same problem ! I have a major sporting event tomorrow that I needed to get arial shot of please someone help !!

I Am experiencing the exact same problem ! I have a major sporting event tomorrow that I needed to get arial shot of please someone help !!
More than likely you had a crash or a tumble and either the motor shaft is bent or the magnet has been damaged and the particles are blocking free travel and is causes the over current/obstruction warning.

Jeremy

unfortunately yes
1st of all, I have to ask the obvious. Did you have a crash or drop the bird? Is this a used Phantom? When you turn on the bird, do you get an orange, then green, slow blinking green LED on the camera? If you get a slow blinking red, you have electro-mechanical problems that need service.

Don't have the details in front of me but connecting the P2 or the gimbal to a PC should allow you to calibrate or adjust the gimbal using the Assistant app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.