Gimbal mount broke off.. what to do?

Reaction score
I recently noticed that my camera on my P3 pro was shaking a lot during flight. I read through blogs and found someone had the same error and said there was a small bolt at base of arm that they had to tighten. I found this bolt and sure enough it was loose so I tightened it down. After that it worked perfect. After a few flights while landing I notice my camera was hanging by ribbon cable so I grabbed it instead of landing normally to ensure I did not damage camera or cable and then noticed that where I had tightened the bolt had snapped off. So now I am not sure how to fix this... Not sure it would be a good idea or even work but there is a shaft that this bolt kept this arm mounted too, I was thinking of using some sort of epoxy or jb weld or something and try to just glue this back to the shaft. It split right in the middle of where the shaft would go so if I could get a nice bond, there is still half of the area intact that would have mounted to this shaft. I have attached a photo to show the bolt, the arm broke right where the bolt was. Any ideas? DJI would probably take forever and charge me an arm and a leg so I am trying to stay away from that if at all possible.
gimbal_break.jpg

I have no idea where I saw it, but someone is making a 3d printed camera parts set that includes that entire arm. Seems the set was like $50, but included maybe 5 large printed parts for repairing and reinforcing the weak camera parts. Maybe someone knows who it was that is printing them?

Reactions: dronepilottampa
I have no idea where I saw it, but someone is making a 3d printed camera parts set that includes that entire arm. Seems the set was like $50, but included maybe 5 large printed parts for repairing and reinforcing the weak camera parts. Maybe someone knows who it was that is printing them?
Thanks that looks perfect!

Reactions: III% Streve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers