Gimbal motor Failure

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Gimbal works half the way, if I dont go lower that 45 or max up it works, cant find any solution.

I have that same problem with a gimbal I'm working on. If I replace the circuit board in the main gimbal housing (the top board), everything works fine. So the problem is in that board. I'm thinking about removing the set screw and turning the camera up about 45 degrees and using a different type of set screw to hold it in place. I think that would work. For some reason, the top circuit board "thinks" that 45 degrees down is level.

Monkeyleg,
not necessary the main board. i've seen that the one of the three transistors on the PCB on the tilt motor went bad and that's what it looks like
in this case looking at the video.

Interesting. When I swapped out the main board with a known good one, the problem went away.

not saying that wasn't the case in your situation, just going off what i see in the video. i've seen this many times and it was always the transistors on the PCB

not saying that wasn't the case in your situation, just going off what i see in the video. i've seen this many times and it was always the transistors on the PCB
Sorry not so good at technical english, PCB ? I can guess but if you have a picture of it so I know what to do, any link to parts that I could need ?

PCB=Printed Circuit Board.

Hunch, are you able to replace transistors on a PCB, or do you just replace the whole board?

Reactions: Patrik_kalix
Monkeyleg,
no i just replace the motor. i tried to replace the transistor couple times successfully but it's too much of a pain. much easier and faster just to replace the motor.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Patrik,
This.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.