Gimbal motherboard function?

Reaction score
Whats the gimbal motherboard function?
I´m asking because after P3P crash, motherboard and motors change the problem persists.

Statement from DJI service:
no warranty self repair / mb broken M2 and M3 broken / after repair / replacement, faulty unit or parts will not be returned.
Remote Controller Lower Cover (300C) (EN), Phantom 3 Main Controller Board Module (2312), DJI 2312 Motor 120mm (CW), DJI 2312 Motor 120mm (CCW), 2.4G Single-frequency Antenna.

Gimble motherboard? The DJI repair quotation seems to be talking about the main board.

What is the situation? You replaced motors and mainboard and phantom wouldn’t fly?

Reactions: Oso
Last edited:
Am I reading correctly that the auto takeoff button on the go app will start the motors but you can’t do it manually (both sticks held down and in)? It’s a long shot but a stick calibration may help.

Are you saying you sent the phantom to DJI repair and it’s the same after they sent it back?

Reactions: lakio
I´m unsure if the bird uses the gimbal mainboard to store data from previous usage / accidents etc. / , if it contains systems that could affect the behaviour after the crash, or is used only for the camera purposes.

The DJI repair service was just for the diagnosis, the bird came back unrepaired. I was not sure if I should replace the mainboard. It came out that yes so I did it.
The stick calibration could be an option, I will try it.

I´m unsure if the bird uses the gimbal mainboard to store data from previous usage / accidents etc.

No.

if it contains systems that could affect the behaviour after the crash, or is used only for the camera purposes.

Only for camera. The drone will work fine if you remove the gimbal completely.

Here's its function explained (though there are also gimbal stabilization components not visible on the drawing):
Video transmission overview in Ph3 Pro/Adv

Reactions: lakio

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic