Need Help ANYONE PLEASE! RE: Phantom 3 Standard (video/gimbal)

Reaction score
So a few months back I sent my 3 Standard into DJI REPAIR CENTER after crashing into a palm tree . I know it's stupid,I was showing off and flying too low toi fast,the rest is history. So I got it back from DJI $185 later! I flew it once with no prob capturing some great Santa Barbara sunsets at the beach. Second flight took it out for a morning flight over the ocean for some sunrise shots. Didn't make it past the beach before getting a warning message about the battery communication, next thing I knew it was falling from the sky fast. Gimbal arm and flat wire harness broken, not wanting to take chances with aftermarket parts,replaced all visual broken parts with oe parts. Gimbal function is good but I have NO VIDEO whatsoever, I've spent over$200 in parts and countless hours of fruststration. I swallowed my pride and contacted DJI repair center but due to Covid-19, they're closed until further notice so im on my own. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.In addition to this I also purchased a complete camera/gimbal in good condition off eBay so I have extra parts if I gotta try parts swapping. Another thing I failed to mention is i have poor remote control signal notification all the time

Last edited:
Since you have power to the gimbal, lets assume you have all the connections made tight. The 12 lead ribbon cable going to the gimbal is the power source. Do you have any telemetry? If not, then it could possibly be your antennas. The black and grey coaxial cable/wires going to your gimbal from the drone. Check the connections and look for damage. The only connections are at the gimbal. The other ends go to separate flat disks on each side of the battery case. It's about $20 to buy new ones. To check it out quickly, you can plug the new ones into the gimbal and tape the disks to the drone's body without having to take the other ones out. Good luck.

Since you have power to the gimbal, lets assume you have all the connections made tight. The 12 lead ribbon cable going to the gimbal is the power source. Do you have any telemetry? If not, then it could possibly be your antennas. The black and grey coaxial cable/wires going to your gimbal from the drone. Check the connections and look for damage. The only connections are at the gimbal. The other ends go to separate flat disks on each side of the battery case. It's about $20 to buy new ones. To check it out quickly, you can plug the new ones into the gimbal and tape the disks to the drone's body without having to take the other ones out. Good luck.
Thank you for your advice. As luck would have it, DJI reached out to me and sent me a link to send it off to their repairs center via UPS so I went ahead and did just that yesterday and I'm now just waiting for a reply. Im curious to see what they find and I will post their findings on this forum so check back soon if you're interested.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Quik update,got a reply from DJI today, turns out that they're fixing my bird under warranty at No Charge to me which couldn't make me happier! On the parts breakdown portion of the work order they have billed out;1.lh landing gear 2. Rh landing gear 3. Yaw motor 4. Pitch motor. I don't see the connection to the problem I was experiencing but if it's fixed im fine with that!. Should have it back within a few days.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik