P3Pro ESC error after crash, motors won't spin up

Reaction score
Hello, newbie would like to get some advice.

I crashed my bird few days ago. It was because these folding carbon props - avoid them. One motor was ripped out, broken props etc. I changed the housing, top and bottom, connected everything as it was before. I've repaired the damaged motor, the wiring / red, black, yellow /was coiled together so I've fixed it.

So far good. Attempt to start but the app shows ESC error.

I've measured the current, it flows 15.2V to each motor, but they doesn't spin up. According to the flylog the ESC are ok, but it shows some hardware error. I can upload the log later.

1.Could it be that because one damaged motor the other three won't spin up?
2.Because of the first issue, hardware error means fried motherboard?

Thanks

1.Could it be that because one damaged motor the other three won't spin up?

Yes. Phantom ESCs share their status with Flight Controller. FC won't start motors unless all ESCs say they're ok (status=0).

2.Because of the first issue, hardware error means fried motherboard?

Hardware error means hardware error, aka hardware malfunction. Nothing more. Nothing specific. Get the logs for specifics.

Reactions: lakio and JoBe
Hello, newbie would like to get some advice.

I crashed my bird few days ago. It was because these folding carbon props - avoid them.
we all mostly do avoid non original props and its adviced here many times to not use props that arent dji and to not use carbon props.

Hey quaddamagee, thanks for the reply.
Thanks to you I learned yesterday download and convert flydata :) It took me couple hours to understand how it works but finally I have succeeded. For me is this case a little mystery because I bought recently a second bird, it is a crashed P3 standard with broken camera ribbon and one motor not working. I haven^t tested it yet but for 120 Euro its a good bussines imho. On this birds the motors spin even if one of them is k.o.
Here is the flydata from the Pro, it was created right after the crash:

Attachments

• FLY281.log.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Here is the flydata from the Pro, it was created right after the crash:

Only the binary log stores enough information to fully diagnose this. From the text log I can only say that all four ESCs are responding to questions from Flight Controller.

CSV can contain different data depending how it's generated. The best one to share is DAT, and that's the binary one.

Go App shows this:
It requires only Battery firmware upgrade
What should I do next?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180626-140618_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20180626-140618_DJI GO.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 279
  • Screenshot_20180626-140636_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20180626-140636_DJI GO.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_20180626-141018_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20180626-141018_DJI GO.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 258
Yeah, there is probably just an ESC issue.

What to do - either the motor or the ESC circuit is damaged.
- desolder the motor
- Check resistance of motor cords with multimeter
- if motor ttself or its resistance looks suspicious, replace the motor
- if motor is OK, replace or fix the ESC board on component level
- You can swap the motors on opposide sides to make sure whether motors or ESC is damaged

EDIT: Nice crash log, btw. You were starting the drone on a roof or a tower?
I have to ask Mefistotelis to implement some kind of time slowdown to his KML export.

Last edited:
One motor is definitely k.o. I made the test with the drill, it produces zero voltage. I ordered already another one, have to wait approx. 3 weeks till it arrives. I hope it will help..

To your question - no, the start was from my court,from ground. As I mentioned before the crash happend because the folding props. They were released immediately or short after the start. A bitter experience.
The bird started as usual, raised to half meter where I lost control over it. It tried to stabilize over the whole court, then turned head down and crashed from two meters height. Three motors were off right after the crash, while one - the suspicious, which had the tangled and probably shorted wires, continued to spin till I turned off the battery. Fortunately nobody was injured.
Well, thanks again for your help, I will write again with the new motor inside the bird.
Greetings from Slovakia

Reactions: quaddamage
Hi there, I´m back with motors inside but strange behaviour after start.
I started the bird without props, the motors are spinning well with no load. When I throttle up three of them are working well, listening to commands form the RC, but the replaced one keeps spinning at high speed.
When I move the altitude stick down the original three motors turn off /?/ and the replaced motor stays on..
Maybe a log file can help..
Flydata 5.7. after replacing the motor - Google Drive

acting in motion:

Last edited:
I decided to change the MB.
After replacing video feed ok, gimbal moves ok, motors start after command from app, but not listening to commands from RC.
Any idea what to do?
Thanks in advance
Laco

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik