Gimbal lost power during RTH

Reaction score
Evening all.

I got a lovely P4 for Christmas, and have been having a great time getting used to it over the last few days.

Today I had a bit of a scare.

While the craft was doing an RTH from about 1000ft away at an altitude of 400ft, the gimbal seemed to loose power. The camera was just hanging there flapping around in the wind stream. I thought the craft was crashing, so I cancelled the RTH and raised the altitude.

There were no warnings on DJI GO at all. There may have been a very brief one second proximity warning just as the gimbal seemed to loose power.

When I landed the craft and rebooted everything was back to normal.

Could I have hit a small bird or big insect? The craft was travelling at 24mph at the time.

I'm worried about flying again tomorrow in case the same thing happens... It was quite a fright!

Mine did that and a check of the logs showed nothing out of the ordinary. There was thread on the forum with a similar story and it was battery related. Happened just the once, so I recalibrated the gimbal, cycled the battery and hasn't happened since.

I've made 233 flights since I got my P4 last May.. The gimbal has become 'disconnected' during flight twice in that time. Once last summer and again just a couple of weeks ago. After landing and replacing the battery everything was fine again. There was nothing in the flight logs.

I have no idea why this is happening, but I've seen a few similar complaints from different people in different forums, so I'm pretty sure it's not something specifically wrong with the hardware in our P4's

I can add myself to the list of P4 flyers who have had the camera just "go limp" in flight for no apparent reason.

At first I thought I may have exceeded some inflight speed which caused the camera to fall away from its mounts or something, but obviously that isn't the case.

Once I landed, shut down, installed a new battery, everything powered up perfectly and I flew out.

I've seen this three times in 180 full flights so far. It should be interesting if they ever figure out what causes this.

AD

Yeah there is a thread or two on here. I can say with confidence that it seems to happen once or twice to most people. Happened to me on my very first flight. You can imagine how pleased I was....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj